X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barona
    • Jan 2003

1066 Newbie

I purchased the 1066 about a month ago and just stumbled across this website this morning. I understand there is a new firmware and I got the cheat sheet on the do it yourself cable. I've been trying to read up on what the firmware changes and I'm glad they got rid of the goofy "rec" function on the right side display.

The problem I've been having is that when I switch between DVD/ CD/ SAT the speaker levels all reset to "0". Does the firmware change this to keep the previous settings?? And also is there a way to seperate all of the channels?? say for instance the SURL speaker is 2' away and the SURR is 7' away.
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

Welcome to the group.

If I'm not mistaken. When you use the remote keys like Center, Sub, and Surr to change the db setting for those channels. It is only a "right now" change, and as soon as you switch sources those revert back to the settings that are made in the OSD. It's a little goofy, but in the Test Tone section of the OSD, you can give each and every speaker it's own setting. However. This is across the board for all sources.

The only setting in the RSP-1066 that is "specific" is the sub setting. It can be set for different decoders. DTS, DD 2 CH stereo and so on.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"