X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vfrjim
    • Apr 2003

Setting up 1066 and delays

In my setup of the 1066, I noticed that there is a setup area that sets the delay (in MS) to each speaker. Does anyone know an easy way of setting them correctly? Any info would be appreciated!

Jim
  • JKohn
    • Jun 2002

1ms is roughly equal to 1 foot. So start with your mains at zero and calculate the additional delay needed for your other speakers based on how much closer they are. For instance if your center channel is 1 foot closer than your mains, set the delay at 1ms.

Jeff Kohn
    Jeff Kohn
    http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

• kendrid
      • Dec 2002

The manual explains it step-by-step in the 'Delay Settings' section.

------
      Kevin
      ------
      Kevin

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

The manual explains it step-by-step in the 'Delay Settings' section.
        Kevin you should know by now no red blooded male ever reads a manual :LOL:

Comment

• kendrid
          • Dec 2002

My rule of thumb is that if it cost over $1000, I'm going to figure out how every feature works, which means reading the manual.

Could you go over the issues with bass management again? :LOL:

:banana:

Why the banana, because it is cool and I haven't used it yet..

------
          Kevin
          ------
          Kevin

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

here's my version of that banana :E

Comment

• vfrjim
              • Apr 2003

Manual? There was a manual included with the 1066, no way

Thanks Jeff for the answer, does that mean one foot closer to your ears in the "kings" seat? and the same thing goes with the surrounds, measuer the distance from the "kings" seat to the speakers and adjust accordingly?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

• JKohn
                • Jun 2002

Thanks Jeff for the answer, does that mean one foot closer to your ears in the "kings" seat? and the same thing goes with the surrounds, measuer the distance from the "kings" seat to the speakers and adjust accordingly?
                Yeah, you can really only dial-in the exact delay settings for one seating position, so it might as well be yours.

Jeff Kohn
                Jeff Kohn
                http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

• Legairre
                  • Jan 2002

I have to admit that the banana is cool 8)

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
                  Radden Home Theater
                  "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
                  Radden Home Theater

Comment

• DK
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by JKohn
                    1ms is roughly equal to 1 foot. So start with your mains at zero and calculate the additional delay needed for your other speakers based on how much closer they are. For instance if your center channel is 1 foot closer than your mains, set the delay at 1ms.
                    What happens if your center spk is 2 ft behind your mains like mine?

Comment

• Kevin D
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2002

DK,

It still depends on how far apart your mains are. Take a tape measure and measure from your seating position to your front left. Now measure from seating to center. For every foot your center is away more than your front add 1ms..

Chances are if your center is 2 feet closer to the wall than your fronts, the actual distance difference from where you sit will be about the same so no delay is needed.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"