X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drifterguy
    • Nov 2004

Rsp-1066 Bm

Well, I was finally able to put together a nice audio/HT system recently, and I stumbled upon this great forum. The info here is great!

I do have a question about the RSP-1066's BM. I know that in stereo mode, the sub crossover setting does not apply a high-pass filter to the main speakers, as the signal is not digitized and the BM is done in the digital domain. Further, I also understand that the analog signal is split and digitized to provide BM. So here is my problem: I have found that my system sounds best while playing 2 channel music when the Sub crossover setting is at 40Hz. When I go above this level, I get a bass doubling effect since there is no high-pass filtering of the main speakers. However, my center and suround speakers are small, therefore during HT enjoyment, the crossover must be changed to around 80Hz. I have set all the speakers to "SMALL" so that the crossover does its job and prevents any bass doubling.

So, basiccally, I need to be able to change the crossover point from 40Hz to 80Hz every time I switch from 2 channel mode to any digital mode. From what I gather in the manual, and playing around with the RSP-1066, this is actually not possible, which is really a shame. At the moment, I have programmed a macro into my remote that does the switch for me, but I think there should be a way of doing this automatically.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe Rotel should release one last version of the firmware, allowing us to set multiple crossover points...

In any case, I have the latest version of firmware loaded on my 1066.

Thanks in advance....
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

What you're asking for just isn't possible on the 1066 model. What I'd suggest you do is take the BM out of the processor and use your subwoofer's cross over. Set all your speakers to small except the fronts which you'll set to large. Also set the subwoofer setting to none. Then route the speaker cables from the processor to the subwoofer's line level inputs and then out to the front speakers. You can now adjust the crossover point on the subwoofer to a point that makes the most sense from your mains persective as well as what makes sense for the surrounds....ie set the subwoofer to 40 and the processors crossover to 80.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"