X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A*Caps
    • Jan 2003

Balanced or RCA???

Hello all, this is kind of a follow-up to my last post ( I should've included this second question in the original post). I know that the Rotel RMB-1095 takes Balanced interconnects, however, the RSP-1066 only has the RCA for outbound. Are you all just using RCA on both ends, or RCA to Balanced? I am little confused here, advice please..
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

In order to get any benefit from ballenced cables you need ballenced connectors on both ends so if you're using the 1066 you might as well just use high quality RCA.s

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

What Andrew said is pretty much true. You cannot have balanaced connection unless it's at both ends. You cannot have true balanaced unless it's balanced at both ends. All you can have is XLR connector to RCA or vice versa.

I just built some RCA to XLRs for a customer, but I doubt he'll realize any real performance gains.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"