X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doc_stereo
    • Jan 2003

2 channel amp question

Hi all,

I'm writing this as a new member and think it is a wonderful forum. I've been a fan and proud owner since my first Rotel 950 CD player in the mid 90's. I have recently bought a 1055 and was thinking about getting a Rotel 2 channel amp to drive my mains.

Which one would people recommend? It doesn't have to be from the 1000 series.

Thanks a bunch.

Michael
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Michael, or should I say "Doc", welcome to the forum! I'm sure these Rotel affectionados will be rolling through here tomorrow or so, with some advice. I owned an RB-985 way back when, was a good solid and warm amp, but it wasn't quite powerful enough to handle my Infinity Kappa 7.1s at the time. Well, it did ok, but couldn't really drive those 10" woofers effecftively.

Goodluck!
    Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• bsmith15
      • Jan 2003

I have had a RB-1080 (200W/Ch@8oms, 300W/Ch@4oms per Rotel Marketing) for about three months and am completely satisfied. The only complaint would be that it really brought out the imperfections in my source equippment, resulting in an upgrade to a Rotel CD player. The earlier version (I think model 991) has about the same specs and I have seen used units on Audiogon for reasonable pricing.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I saw this 2 channel amp the other day and it looked like a good deal on a used 981

Rotel 981 stereo amp

Comment

• gyusher
          • Dec 2002

:idea: Michael,
          I have a Rotel RB981 (130x2) which is the exact same amp as the Rotel RB1070 without triggers and the heatsink front panel. This amp has less than 100 hours on it. I bought it new from a rotel dealer in Gainsville, Florida (Sound Ideas) in June 2000. It sat in the closet for the first 18 months I had it as my job requires a lot of travel and i was never home long enough to hook it up like I wanted. When I did hook it up I used it to drive 2 DIY subs that I have replaced with a SVS and a much more powerful amp, so its back in the closet or sell it.
          I want 375.00, I will pay shipping 2nd or 3rd day air depending on where you live. The amp is absolutly mint condition, as are the box and manuel, It would pass as new, not a scratch or blemish of any kind.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"