can anyone recommend cables for a rotel/b&w setup ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scotty19tx
    • Feb 2006

can anyone recommend cables for a rotel/b&w setup ?

hi people,
    i was wondering if anyone could advise me on what the best interconects and speaker cable to use in my system would be? Im using rotel ra01 amp, rcd02 cd player and b&w dm602s3 speakers, currently using qed silver anniversary speaker cable and qed quenex 2 i/c's - overall im happy with the sound but would like the midrange to sound a little more foreward without it sounding overly bright, any advice especially from people wit the same setup would be appreciated, also is bi wiring recommended with the 602's ?
  • BWzes03
    • Oct 2005

I've been having much success in getting more detail from changing my interconnects. I too started with the QED Qunex2's. While they are way much better than the standard black rca connectors you get for free, it can be bettered.

I've tried the Qunex 3, 4S and the Silver Spiral from QED and I've come to appriciate the 4S are having the best price/performance.

Ofcourse your mileage may vary, but the increase in details, high and low extentions, and overall build quality can make you a believer.
    I've also heard that VandenHul cables (D102 MK III's) are also excellent, but I have no experience with them.

I'm using the Qunex 4S on my RCD-1072 to my RSP-1098 (and use the shorter 4S's to connect my RSP-1098 to my RB-1080 and RMB-1075 (3 pairs) )

Comment

• Kobus
      • Aug 2005

You guys are not allowed to have this type of specific cable chat. (I think)
      Check the forum rules.

Kobus

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Hi,

Only limited cable chats are allowed and no on-line cable brands...

However FYI - I had the QED and thought it was great (a big step if from the Monster and No Name brands etc I had...

Then I went to top of the line IXOS (better again for my ears)

The then the Van Den Hull 102 III Hybrid you mention - which I have in a box right now waiting for a 7.1 DVD-A SACD player...

And now my best components are all wired with catcables silver cables, including my pre-amp to amp... They are hard to beat for the money

Geoff
        Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 15 February 2006, 09:54 Wednesday.

Comment

• miket
          • Oct 2004

Geoff,

briefly could you describe the differences you were hearing e.g. bass, mids, treble at low/mid/high volumes? Do you think you have reached the max potential of your rotel components with these cables?

thanks in advance.................miket

Comment

• pbarata
            • Feb 2003

I do understand the policy toward cable discussions within a forum supported by a cable manufacturer. However, many Rotel owners are from Europe and other countries where is not easy to get CAT cables. So, once and a while, it’s understandable that people try to look in this forum for opinions about other cables brands, that give a good match with Rotel equipment. 8)
            Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
            Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
              • Apr 2005

I recomend CAT cables 8)

Comment

• Scotty19tx
                • Feb 2006

im located in the uk so i dont think you can get cat cables here, unless i tried ebay. thinking of trying Qed quenex 4, any recommendations on a speaker cable that would improve on the qed silver anniversary that is available in europe ?

Comment

• Kevin P
                  • Aug 2000

Doug has shipped CATs to South Africa amongst other places, so I'm sure he can (and probably has) ship to the UK as well. Of course, you'd have to pay the shipping charge, but it's well worth it. Nothing beats the CATs for the money. I'm sure he'll chime in here with more info.

Comment

• pbarata
                    • Feb 2003

Which CAT cables between:

1 - RCD-1070 and RSP-1066? (using QED Qunex 3)
                    2 - RSP-1066 and RMB-1075? (using QED Qunex 2)
                    3 - RMB-1075 and Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers? (using QED XT-350)
                    4 - RSP-1066 and REL Quake subwoofer? (using QED P-SW)

Thx.
                    Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
                    Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"