X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allegiance
    • Sep 2006

Rotel Pre&Power for Bedroom

Hi,

I am looking for a system for my Main Bedroom as this is where I spend 90% of my time (when I'm not at work that is!).

I currently have a Denon AVR-2803, Pair of Def Tech Studio Monitor 450's, 12inch Energy Sub, Samsung 32inch LCD, Denon DCM-280 CD Player and a shitty Toshiba SD-2810 DVD Player.

I just recently had a pair of RB-970BX MKII Power Amps which I sold. These where good, but I couldn't notice a significant power or quality difference between these and the denon.

What would be a good Rotel Pre Amp & Power Amp to go with the Def Techs I have?
  • Allegiance
    • Sep 2006

I have actually been thinking about replacing everything with the following:

RC-1070
    RB-1070

And either a CM-1 or CM-2. I rang on store and they said the CM-1 isn't available in Australia yet. :M

Comment

• apodaca
      • Jun 2006

An integrated amp like the 1062 also does vey well for a bedroom set up and you always have the option to add an external amp should you find it lacking. Since you have a sub for low frequencies I believe an external amp might be overkill. I used my 1062 to power my large mains and it did a great job - you could use the extra cash for a better source.

Comment

• Allegiance
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by apodaca
        An integrated amp like the 1062 also does vey well for a bedroom set up and you always have the option to add an external amp should you find it lacking. Since you have a sub for low frequencies I believe an external amp might be overkill. I used my 1062 to power my large mains and it did a great job - you could use the extra cash for a better source.
        How much did you pay for your 1062?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"