• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yanies
    • Jun 2008

Rotel and Infinity Kappa 7.1 Series II

Hi to all.

I just wanted to share these news with all the funs of Rotel

As you see my system consists mostly of Rotel and I used to have and I still have the speakers Bose 901 vi

Recently I purchased from the internet the Infinity Kappa 7.1 Series II speakers. I hope they are what they describe them and of course I would like to hear your opinion. Also any technical detail would be appreciated.

Thank you all

Yanies

Turntable Thorens TD 166 MK VI

DVD RDV 1045
    Tuner RT 1080
    Pre Amp RC 1082
    Power Amp RB 1080
    Power Conditioner RLC 1040
    Infinity Kappa 7.1 Series II
    HDTV Panasonic TH-42PZ77U
    Monster Cable Interconnects
    Monster Cable M1.2 Speaker Cable
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I always liked the Kappa's, but have never heard them on Rotel. Let us know how it turns out!

Kevin D.

Comment

• yanies
      • Jun 2008

Definitely I will as soon as I get them

John

Comment

• yanies
        • Jun 2008

So my Infinitys Kappa 7.1 Series II just arrived, I hooked them up and listen to them.

I had the Bose 901 VI so I dont know if that affects my listening now with the new speakers.

(I have uploaded also some photos.)

I connected them with Monster Cable M1.2 Speaker Cables and banana connectors.

-I made some custom jumpers with the existing speaker cable that I have and I put Monster cable angled spade connectors also as seen in the photo.

-The sound is pretty good, clean with separation but I am a little confused because the sound it comes out like its covered from something. Like they dont express as they described.
        Something like a barrier.

-On my Rotel pre amplifier the bass and treble are flat.

-Also in the back of the speakers the midrange and tweeter adjustments do not change the sound as I turn them both directions.

I dont know how I could fix that. Did I connect too big wires behind the posts and it cuts the performance?

I would appreciate your advices and any tips you give me.

Yannis
        New Infinity fan
        Attached Files

Comment

• soundhound
          • Mar 2004

Too big of wire is not a problem.
          Looks like you have the jumpers tied in correctly, so, did you buy these used from a stranger?
          Being you turn both pots on mids-tweets and get no change, someone may have let the smoke out of the drivers.
          If you have a meter, you can check continuity on them, otherwise take a AA battery, remove the jumpers, turn the dials (pots) all the way up, and touch the battery to the terminals and you should hear them click. Just a tap is all it takes, as you don't want to leave current running through them.
          If everything upstream is configured correctly (full frequency from preamp, and blose e.q. gone) its in the speaks.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"