X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanleyleecm
    • Jul 2005

Rotel integrated Amp RA series

I am a newbie to rotel but I am going to get a entry level integrated amp very soon. I am currently using yamaha RXV1300, Denon 1910 pair with NHT SB2.

I would great appreciate if anyone could suggest a rotel integrated amp to me. I was thinking about the RA 01. But my local dealer do not have them in stock so I was not able to listen to it. Anyways, anyone have experiences with the RA01 or 02 and I would love to know. I am a 100% audio guy and that's the main reason I am going with a 2 channel amp instead of keeping my yamaha.

And finally is it worth upgrading from a RXV1300?
  • thyname
    • Jan 2005

I would suggest my (RC1070/RB1080) combo. Separates are much better than integrated amps/ receivers, especially in 2 channel music listening. I had RX-1052 Stereo receiver before I sold it to get the separates, and noticed a decent improvement. The difference in price is not that huge. In that case you better wait until you get the money, rather than suffering from "upgraditis" later.

Comment

• fordster
      • Feb 2005

I love my Rotel RA-01, it's my first "proper" hifi having previously had midi/mini systems and AV systems. I guess difference in price/affordability is relative but in the UK an RA-01 is £250 which is a lot cheaper than a combo. The sound is far better than my AV system (Denon 1602 receiver with Rotel RDV-1060) so I'd say you'd certainly notice the difference.
      Dave

Comment

• opt-e
        • Nov 2004

I too own a RA-01 and am more than happy with it. The difference between a mid-fi consumer system and the entry level hi-fi RA-01 is quite significant. Being a student, going with separates as previously recommended is out of the question--the difference in price is pretty big, and IMHO, the increase in fidelity is no where close to as big as audiophiles tend to make it sound. Speakers choice has a much larger effect on overall fidelity of your system so I say get the RA-01 and if you have more money to spend, put it into some good speakers.

My system is composed of a RA-01, RDV-1040, NAD 533 turntable, B&W 600 S3's, and a HSU STF-2 sub. Honestly, I don't think i'd be a whole lot happier if i spent twice as much money. But that's just me; I don't have no golden ears, but it's head and shoulders better than any consumer system you can get.

Comment

• stanleyleecm
          • Jul 2005

Couldn't get it now, just called the local dealer and they said the 01 and 02 has been discoutinued. For now, I could only go for a RA1060. Or any other suggestion, my buget is about 500-600.

Comment

• jim777
            • Mar 2005

I listened to the RA-1062 on many B&W's and I was impressed for it's price. I would recommend it for any FST-less B&W (600 series, CM series and 704) if the price of the RC1070/RB1080 combo is out of question. I even listened to the 703's on the RA-1062 with a RCD1072 and the RC1070/RB1070 combo with a RCC1055 and it may sound funny, but the 1062/1072 was way better! Was it the cables or the CDP, I don't know...

By the way, "separates are better" is not *always* true (well I wouldn't change my MA6500 for any Rotel separates )

Comment

• stanleyleecm
              • Jul 2005

Thanks, I will take a look on te RA1062.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"