X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wz2p7j
    • Sep 2006

I Think this REP1570 Might be Dead ...

Hi everyone, been on this board a long time just reading. Now I actually own some Rotel equipment and have a question.

This (new to me) RSP1570 is acting strangely. I had it attached to my TV via HDMI and kept getting a message "not supported mode." The TV likes the HDMI signal from my 4KBR, set top box and computer. Not the Rotel. So I hooked up component cables to the TV and tried that. Message on the TV is now "no signal." So I went back to the HDMI cable and now the message is also "no signal." The OSD button on the remote does not bring up the OSD on the screen. I did play with the output button and set the output to 1080P, which the TV supports.

I'm starting to suspect this unit is toast - thoughts?

Thanks, Chris

Edit: I replaced the batteries in the remote and now I can consistently get the OSD to display on the TV. BUT - I'm back to the "not supported mode" message on the TV. Tried both 1080P and I output modes - same results.
  • wz2p7j
    • Sep 2006

OK I've plotted my course of action for tomorrow:

1) Firmware updates for the TV and Rotel unit
    2) Plug a KGU (known good unit) into the Rotel and see if it displays anything.
    3) If all else fails buy a new 4K TV !! (fail safe response to any unfixable problem - buy new equipment !!)
    4) Report out here with results

Chris

Comment

• wz2p7j
      • Sep 2006

Update: I discovered the Rotel unit does not "like" my cable box for some reason. It also doesn't like the HDMI output from the media computer. It DOES like the output from my Bluray player, proving the RSP works. There might be some output settings I can tweak for the STB and computer. If not, the RSP will not be switching video for those devices, which is not a big deal to me or I would have bought a newer model

The remote seem OK too. I was inadvertently setting the remote to command components other than the RSP. Then couldn't figure out why the RSP wasn't reacting. Am spending some more time with the manual for the remote.

Hopefully by next weekend I'll have this rig making sound.

Cheers, Chris

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"