4K passthrough options with my RSP-1570?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TinoD
    • Jan 2020

4K passthrough options with my RSP-1570?

Hi everyone, I'm looking to upgrade my home theater setup and I'm trying to figure out how to get 4k/HDR working properly.

First is anyone aware of a hardware upgrade being available for the RSP-1570 to replace the current ports to HDMI 2.0?

Otherwise, is there a switch or splitter that I can connect my HTPC to and then have a direct feed to the new projector while passing uncompressed audio (DTS-HD/TrueHD) to the Rotel?

Other than the HDMI being the older 1.3 standard, I'm happy my Rotel and I don't want to go with any other brand. Buying one of the newer processors is unfortunately not an option due to the costs so I'm hoping there's a work around available.

Thanks in advance for the help!
  • JDH
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TinoD
    Hi everyone, I'm looking to upgrade my home theater setup and I'm trying to figure out how to get 4k/HDR working properly.

First is anyone aware of a hardware upgrade being available for the RSP-1570 to replace the current ports to HDMI 2.0?

Otherwise, is there a switch or splitter that I can connect my HTPC to and then have a direct feed to the new projector while passing uncompressed audio (DTS-HD/TrueHD) to the Rotel?

Other than the HDMI being the older 1.3 standard, I'm happy my Rotel and I don't want to go with any other brand. Buying one of the newer processors is unfortunately not an option due to the costs so I'm hoping there's a work around available.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    No hardware upgrade available from Rotel you can either look for an external hardware hdmi switch/splitter that is capable of down converting the signal to the Rotel and sending the other signal to the projector. If you htpc or hd Blu-ray player has two hdmi ports send audio only on one hdmi to the Rotel and the 4K hdmi direct to the projector.

I Previously had the Rotel RSP-1572 and ended up selling it for a more updated processor that did 4K.
    Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• TinoD
      • Jan 2020

Originally posted by JDH
      No hardware upgrade available from Rotel you can either look for an external hardware hdmi switch/splitter that is capable of down converting the signal to the Rotel and sending the other signal to the projector. If you htpc or hd Blu-ray player has two hdmi ports send audio only on one hdmi to the Rotel and the 4K hdmi direct to the projector.

I Previously had the Rotel RSP-1572 and ended up selling it for a more updated processor that did 4K.
      Thanks for the heads up. I might just stick with 1080 for another year or two. i didn't even realize that the HDMI standard is now 2.1/hdcp 2.3. At this rate everything will be outdated again within a year...

Do the new Rotel processors offer anything like board upgrades in the future?

Comment

• usul
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by TinoD
        Thanks for the heads up. I might just stick with 1080 for another year or two. i didn't even realize that the HDMI standard is now 2.1/hdcp 2.3. At this rate everything will be outdated again within a year...

Do the new Rotel processors offer anything like board upgrades in the future?
        The rsp-1576 does thr full 4k hdr etc.

It will be getting a hardware and software upgrade for DIRAC room correction..

So maybe, in future they might offer hardware upgrade for hdmi 2.1? I'll cross fingers.. [emoji4]

Comment

• mglimabr
          • Sep 2010

I use my RSP-1572 with Hd Fury Vertex 4k processor. Works very well. I plug my Nvidia shield and Sony x800 in device and have two Hdmi outputs. The first I send to my 4k projector and the second to my Rotel to get full digital bistream sound.

Comment

• Mikez
            • Aug 2018

Try this it works perfectly for me. $K 60hz HDMI 2.0a One input two outputs I run one to my TV and one to my rotel. Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"