X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pookie007
    • Apr 2006

Upconverting to HDMI

Does anyone know of any surround processors that will upconvert all inputs to HDMI? I see the new Marantz receivers will do it. I would like to only have one cable to the TV, due to distance and routing of the cable.

My other option would be to get a processors and DVDO VP30. If I went this route, I could look at a few other processors that currently don't have HDMI like Rotel. The draw back would be having to find space for another box, cooling it, and controlling it through an IR repeater.
  • locomk
    • Dec 2005

some receivers in the denon, yamaha, pioneer elite and even the new sony's all upconvert the signal to hdmi. if your using hd cable, you may have to run component for picture and optical for sound to the receiver. and have hdmi go from the receiver to the tv. for some reason most hd cable boxes think of hdmi equipped receivers as recording devices and the picture simply shuts off when trying to watch hd channel.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

My Yamaha reciever upconverts everything through HDMI. It was a nice temporary solution to my needs.

I have not had any issues playing my PS2 and older DVD player with the component in, and newer DVD with HDMI in throught he single HDMI out.
      B&W

Comment

• DSGCobra
        • Feb 2003

Anthem AVM 40 and 50 and the Statement D2.

Comment

• Pookie007
          • Apr 2006

I need a pre-amp not a receiver. I previously looked at the anthem stuff, but at that price, I am better off going with a external scaler and non-HDMI pre-amp. I will have a lot more options for video with that set up. I was just checking to make sure I hadn't missed any products.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"