X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackbirdM3
    • Jan 2018

RSX 1067 transformer died

I replaced the main temp switch for that fans on my 1067 and after testing it with a heat gun (fans kicked on, then kicked off as they should after I turned the heat gun off.) the sensor slipped out of my fingers and touched something popping the 2a 250V fuse. Now the moment the main power switch is turned on, the fuse blows. I've chased the issue to the main transformer on the left side of the case (Not the round one on the right side.) I found the part number, but Rotel doesn't list the part anymore. Is there another place I should go looking for it, or is there a newer receiver that I could look for that might run the same part with a different part number? I don't know if something is dead on the board where the fans plug in or not, but I'd hate to throw this thing out due to a bad transformer.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Will
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

epray....?

link.....
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• BlackbirdM3
      • Jan 2018

I've been looking on ebay and not finding a thing.

Will

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

I might have a 1065 with a bad digital board being swapped out soon. Can you check if it's the same part?

Kevin D.

Comment

• BlackbirdM3
          • Jan 2018

I will try to do so tomorrow. I'm not sure when I'll get home (16 hr work day so far and no end in sight...)

Thanks,
          Will

Comment

• BlackbirdM3
            • Jan 2018

I think this is what died.

Will

Comment

• BlackbirdM3
              • Jan 2018

Upon closer inspection, its not the transformer that is bad, but it does appear to be part of the "Power 2 016X-1403e04" board. There is a 7 pin plug that comes out of the transformer and plugs into the CP115 "Sub Trans" plug. With that plugged into the board, the fuse blows. With it unplugged, I get signs of life, but no front display. Does anyone have a spare "Power 2" board sitting around they would be willing to part with?

Thanks
              Will

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"