X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevsmith
    • Jan 2009

ROTEL RSX-1067 ? Newbie plz help

Hi there Rotel fans,

Apart from the two new RSX models that Rotel is just rolling out. Would you consider the RSX-1067 to have the best DACs, internal amps than all other RSX models ? I ask this because even though the RSX-1067 was Rotels flagship model for sometime, Rotel released a few other models after releasing the 1067, while still keeping the 1067 as being there flagship model, which suggests to me the 1067 must of had better DAC's, Internal Amps or something. Or am I wrong in assumming this.

Many thanks for anybody willing to take the time to reply.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The 1067 was never really their flagship. It was their 7ch receiver. In that line, the flagship was the 1098. The DACs and such in the 1067 are the same as the 1056. The 1098's were better.

The 1067 wasn't replaced when the 1069 and 1058 were released because the market for a big 7ch receiver wasn't large enough to warrant redesigning it to include the HDMI stop-gap in the 1069/1058.

With the new line having a more final HDMI implementation, they once again included a 7ch receiver in the line-up. Even in the new line, both receivers and the pre-amp all share the same electronics.

Kevin D.

Comment

• kevsmith
      • Jan 2009

Wasnt the 1098 just a prepro processor and not a av receiver ? Meaning that the 1067 and 1056 had the best dacs/amps of all the rsx receivers models ?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

The 1058 was slightly better then the 1056/1067.

Kevin D.

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by kevsmith
          Wasnt the 1098 just a prepro processor and not a av receiver ? Meaning that the 1067 and 1056 had the best dacs/amps of all the rsx receivers models ?

kevsmith,

The 1098 is a pre-amp, and a very good one. But it's not a receiver. In terms of receivers, the 1067 was the most featured and expensive receiver (being a 7.1 reciever) until the 15 series. It's a very formidable receiver, if you are considering one. It's definitely not a receiver from a more mass market company.

What is your current setup for electronics and speakers? Room size.

Comment

• kevsmith
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by htsteve
            kevsmith,

The 1098 is a pre-amp, and a very good one. But it's not a receiver. In terms of receivers, the 1067 was the most featured and expensive receiver (being a 7.1 reciever) until the 15 series. It's a very formidable receiver, if you are considering one. It's definitely not a receiver from a more mass market company.

What is your current setup for electronics and speakers? Room size.
            My setup consists of 4xB&W DM602S3, B&W LCR600S3, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz DV9500, Pioneer LX71. I've narrowed it down to 3 AV Receivers.

ROTEL RSX-1067
            ARCAM AVR-350
            PIONEER SC-LX71

I'm purely interested in sound quality only in regards to the listed AV receivers above. I'm also not bothered about the recevier not accepting the latest HD audio over HDMI. I do love to listen to music and play videogames as much as I do watching movies. I recently just bought a Onkyo TX-NR906 which I sold after 5 days of having it as it sounded pretty bad on my setup. Multi stereo playback was nothing like my Rotel RSX-1055 I use to have, also Dolby Digital for my PS3 gaming and DVD movies were not that great ethier. Any advice on which one to get would be most helpfull thanks.

Comment

• mattburk
              • Feb 2003

Arcam may lead in two channel but every head to head I have read puts the rotel ahead in multi channel. I am not sure where I read it but arcam put more into the fl and fr than they did the other channels.
              www.mycstone.com
              www.coverednow.com
              www.biarenton.com

Comment

• kevsmith
                • Jan 2009

Morning guys,

I've decided its ethier between the Arcam or Rotel gona leave the Pioneer. I have to make my decision sometime today though as everywhere is selling out of the AVR-350, with the RSX-1067 placed in reserve until later today until I can make my mind up. I can get both Receivers for the same price the only thing that concerns me with the 1067 is that when the Arcam AVR-300 was out many people use to ask which was better out of the two with many people saying that both were equally as impressive. Since then though I cant seem to find any comparisons between the 1067 and AVR-350. All I know is that the AVR-350 was reviewed as being quite noticable better than the AVR-300. Which kinda makes me think the AVR-350 would be the better option.

Please anyone, like I say I've got until today around 5pm UK time to make my decision. ;x(

Comment

• htsteve
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2004

kevsmith,

Another thing to consider is warranty support. Rotel's have a 5 year warranty. Arcam has a two year warranty.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• artv4
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Kevin D
                    The 1058 was slightly better then the 1056/1067.

Kevin D.
                    the 1058 does sound better than the 1056. my soundstage really opened up. the lf sounded smoother and more natural.
                    GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• kevsmith
                      • Jan 2009

Nearly went for the Arcam-350 today but droped out. I'm going to wait it out and save for the next 2 months and get the Rotel RSX-1560 instead, just hope the strength of £ doesnt get that much worst over the next few months.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Comment

• artv4
                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by kevsmith
                        Nearly went for the Arcam-350 today but droped out. I'm going to wait it out and save for the next 2 months and get the Rotel RSX-1560 instead, just hope the strength of £ doesnt get that much worst over the next few months.

Thanks for the reply guys.
                        sounds like a great choice
                        GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"