X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Wife decided between seperates and RSX 1067

Appears my wife made the final decision on what I should do with regards to upgrading from my rsx 1055. I was trying to decide between 1068/1075 and 1067. It turns out she gave me the RSX 1067 for xmas, and I have to admit I was very surprised with it

I could have returned it, but after a lot of thinking and consideration I just didnt have the room for it at this point. Below are some photos of the set up.

The unit is considerably better at low and high volumes then my RSX 1055.

I am still a little concerned with a heat issue as you can see its fits tight. I do however have about 5 inches below it becuase its sitting on a shelf with holes under the fans. I also bought a computer fan to blow air accross the top of it.
    Attached Files
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Quick dumb question. Is there no way to dim the display on the front pannal of the 1067? There is nothing in the manual about it and its way to bright!

Comment

• DelRay
      • Jun 2004

Nice Christmas present. Must admit, the 1067 is one of the best if not the best looking receiver out there. And the sound is awesome. You are so lucky. So, does your wife have a sister? J/K.;x(

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

It seems some wives do get it (double entendre intended)! Very nice Vancover ( your wife that is ). :T
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• lvhung
          • Jun 2005

Keeep 1067 and forget the 1068/ 1075

Comment

• Dmantis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lvhung
            Keeep 1067 and forget the 1068/ 1075
            Fully agreed. the 1067 is a fantastic receiver and there isn't much gained going to the 1075 /1068 not to mention the room you have to store it.

I almost bought the 1067 myself. I love that receiver. If I didn't already have seperates and didn't have the extra room, I would own it today.

Actually the Rotel 1065(older model) sold me on Rotel years ago. I ran a full Dynaudio Audience 42 series home theater system with it and was blown away on how good it performed. In ways I liked it better then my B&K receiver I owned at the time.

O and the wife thing.... damn I wish my wife was like that.Can I send her over for some training with your wife??? LOL ;x(

Good luck with it.

Dan

Comment

• Nolan B
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Dmantis
              Fully agreed. the 1067 is a fantastic receiver and there isn't much gained going to the 1075 /1068 not to mention the room you have to store it.

I almost bought the 1067 myself. I love that receiver. If I didn't already have seperates and didn't have the extra room, I would own it today.

Actually the Rotel 1065(older model) sold me on Rotel years ago. I ran a full Dynaudio Audience 42 series home theater system with it and was blown away on how good it performed. In ways I liked it better then my B&K receiver I owned at the time.

O and the wife thing.... damn I wish my wife was like that.Can I send her over for some training with your wife??? LOL ;x(

Good luck with it.

Dan
              lol...seems like she is a real star! I dont want to brag, but she also bought me a B&W PV1 (in black) which I pic up tomorrow :T

Comment

• shadow
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Vancouver
                lol...seems like she is a real star! I dont want to brag, but she also bought me a B&W PV1 (in black) which I pic up tomorrow :T
                This has went from grossly unfair to unearthly. I love my wife but I have never heard of a wife like yours! Are you sure she is from Earth? ;x(

Comment

• gd
                  • Jan 2003

I need a wife upgrade...
                  greg (gd to you)
                  Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
                  production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Nolan B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2005

here is the PV1 (Pressure Vessel Activer Subwoofer :T )...not fully installed yet.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Dmantis
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by gd
                      I need a wife upgrade...
                      Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I almost fell out of my chair when I read that....

Dan :rofl:

Comment

• Robo1067
                        • Jan 2006

Vancouver,
                        Sorry to bring up an older thread but was wondering if you had found a way to dim the front panel display.
                        I have not had my 1067 for long and have only just figured out that I can turn the display off by pressing and holding down the 'Menu/OSD button'.
                        Not quite dimming it but once the movie starts then off it goes
                        Cheers, and happy anniversary whenever it is

Comment

• Nolan B
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Robo1067
                          Vancouver,
                          Sorry to bring up an older thread but was wondering if you had found a way to dim the front panel display.
                          I have not had my 1067 for long and have only just figured out that I can turn the display off by pressing and holding down the 'Menu/OSD button'.
                          Not quite dimming it but once the movie starts then off it goes
                          Cheers, and happy anniversary whenever it is

I can confirm that you can not dim the display.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"