X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jam200
    • Jan 2009

Just Ordered the New HDMI 2.0a Board

Just ordered the new HDMI 2.0a board. My dealer said, "HDR is not available to be passed through the board. They may get that resolved in firmware at a later date but no guarantee." My dealer will also install the board. Will keep the you all informed when the upgrade is completed.
  • function12
    • Oct 2007

Was this free or will there be a charge?

Comment

• jam200
      • Jan 2009

There is no charge to RSP-1582 owners. The dealer has to order the board and when it arrives, they'll notify me to schedule the install. The board should support HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 on 3 HDMI inputs and both HDMI outputs. HDR availability may happen via a software update at a later date. Contact your dealer for more information.

Comment

• RoMan
        • Jan 2007

Hey Jam200...congrats to you. I saw the latest information on the Rotel website, so I assume the RSP 1582 is now shipping with the boards pre-installed at the factory. Great news! Thanks for sharing the information. Much appreciated.

RoMan

Comment

• mglimabr
          • Sep 2010

Today i tested passing 3840 x 2160p video from HTPC computer through RSP-1572 and for my surprise, worked like a charm! Audio OK, image OK.Its was a quickly test. Not 10 Bits HDR though, but it is a start!

EDIT: Made some new tests and actually this isn't a 4K real.
          I bought a 4K video projector and im using HDFURY VERTEX to duplicate de output HDMI 4k, sending one for Rotel 1572 and another to 4K projector. Works fine.
          Last edited by mglimabr; 07 December 2017, 20:12 Thursday.

Comment

• bwspeakers
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by jam200
            Will keep the you all informed when the upgrade is completed.
            I'm just curious, because you haven't reported back ... isn't the upgrade completed yet? :roll:

Shouldn't there be a firmware update for the new boards? The last version on B&W's homepage is from January 2017 - so I'm assuming the boards are still not available.

Comment

• jam200
              • Jan 2009

Boards are not available.

Comment

• CraigNYNY
                • Feb 2018

Thanks for update jam200. I am in the same boat. My Rotel RSP-1582 has HDMI 1.4 outputs and I was told by Best Buy Magnolia they would be updated for free in the Summer of 2016.
                I notified my Best Buy Magnolia Sales person they are ready for order in 2017 when Rotel emailed me but no feedback on status or really if they were ever ordered. I contact Rotel asking them for status and they do not reply. Static from Rotel! Does anyone have any ideas of what a humble RSP-1582 owner can do to get the HDMI upgrades?
                Last edited by CraigNYNY; 14 February 2018, 18:19 Wednesday. Reason: Incorrect very used

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"