X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oddiophile
    • Jul 2008

SSP-800 availability/upgrade board

FYI:

I have just ordered my new SSP-800 but discovered that there are none available from Classe (perhaps a few dealers have some but given the demand...) until around mid to late August 2009.

Classe has told me that they will no longer be shipping units without the upgraded DSP board. Unofficially they have told me that they are very close to having the board ready with only a couple of software bugs to be fixed. Therefore, they may be able to resume shipping the units as early as mid-August. At this time it seems that there will be no new features in the upgrade board other than the ability to decode Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio in the SSP-800. However, with the substantially increased processing power, all operations should run faster and more accurately. However, features such as Dolby Volume and Dolby Prologic IIz are "on the radar". Classe (rightly in my opinion) wants to make sure that the basic features in the upgrade board work properly before they try to add additional features.

I am definitely looking to receive my unit in the next month or so. Apparently I am at or near the top of the list. I am sure that it will be well worth the wait.

This is all unofficial of course but it does seem fairly certain now that the SSP-800 will finally have the capability of unlocking its full potential within the next 4-6 weeks or so.

I hope this is of interest.

Jim
  • Gump
    • Sep 2005

Good info, Jim. Thanks.

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Oddiophile
      FYI:

I have just ordered my new SSP-800 but discovered that there are none available from Classe (perhaps a few dealers have some but given the demand...) until around mid to late August 2009.

Classe has told me that they will no longer be shipping units without the upgraded DSP board. Unofficially they have told me that they are very close to having the board ready with only a couple of software bugs to be fixed. Therefore, they may be able to resume shipping the units as early as mid-August. At this time it seems that there will be no new features in the upgrade board other than the ability to decode Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio in the SSP-800. However, with the substantially increased processing power, all operations should run faster and more accurately. However, features such as Dolby Volume and Dolby Prologic IIz are "on the radar". Classe (rightly in my opinion) wants to make sure that the basic features in the upgrade board work properly before they try to add additional features.

I am definitely looking to receive my unit in the next month or so. Apparently I am at or near the top of the list. I am sure that it will be well worth the wait.

This is all unofficial of course but it does seem fairly certain now that the SSP-800 will finally have the capability of unlocking its full potential within the next 4-6 weeks or so.

Jim
      I remember being on the waiting list. The days went by oh so slowly! The wait is well worth it though! :T
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Oddiophile
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by sikoniko
        I remember being on the waiting list. The days went by oh so slowly! The wait is well worth it though! :T
        Sikoniko,

I had to wait for almost 4 months for my B&W HTM1D centre channel speaker to arrive (and then there was break-in on top of that). So, I really do know the feeling.

Even then I will still have to arrange for my dealer to set up the PEQ properly and then there is break-in for the SSP-800. Sigh! Does it ever end :P ?

If it is anything like the improvement that the HTM1D made to my system, then it will be well worth the wait.

I will try to keep everyone up-to-date on developments.

Jim

Comment

• garak
          • Jul 2007

Thanks for the info.

Anybody know what the procedure will be to get the upgrade?

Comment

• sikoniko
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by garak
            Thanks for the info.

Anybody know what the procedure will be to get the upgrade?

I don't know the official procedure, but an educated guess would be:

register your serial number with your dealer
            dealer contacts classe and gets new board
            take your ssp to dealer and dealer swaps out dsp and does firmware update
            dealer sends your old dsp back and you take your ssp home.

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

Sikoniko,

I had to wait for almost 4 months for my B&W HTM1D centre channel speaker to arrive (and then there was break-in on top of that). So, I really do know the feeling.

Even then I will still have to arrange for my dealer to set up the PEQ properly and then there is break-in for the SSP-800. Sigh! Does it ever end :P ?

If it is anything like the improvement that the HTM1D made to my system, then it will be well worth the wait.

I will try to keep everyone up-to-date on developments.

Jim
              let your system get 300 hrs of breakin before doing the EQ. :T

Comment

• style
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2006

Hi garak,

Like wrote in a "old" Mail the DSP upgrage was on the way.like promised :W
                In september (well in the small switzerland) a profi-techni man from classe come to home and:
                1. open the SSP800 and the extra chip will be placed in the "space" dedicat
                for him. (the new SSP800 are the same but have this chip inside a
                from the assemble company...)
                2. Software charged will the news...(hd deconding & co.)

this work CAN BE MADE ONLY FROM CLASSE a work selfbuild give you problems with the garantie!!!!

I don't now if in the USA so one job will be possible....but in Switzerland I have a rendezvous in September with my friend from Classe and I go see if make sense done a setup for the EQ. (with a Classe software)

--------------

rack: the 3 floor bascontinuo with the Htm2D on top and the 60" Kuro on wall
                is not to high?
                I will go with the oder modulartech but the 3 floor will be around (feeds 10cm, plus 30cm for first floor= CA5200%SSP800, plus 20cm. for the cd, dvd,...+ 3 "tables " wood 3cm or crytal cm. = around 84-86cm with the Htm2(ca. 35cm tweeter included) on the top.

at today the basis from your kuro how much is high??
                ---------
                I have see the crytalglas version Live at home from a switzerland consumer:
                is really amazing: in lod and sound too! I have always thinked wood give better sound perfomance but after this listing with crystal...
                A 2 floor (CA5200&SSP800) pus Htm2D on the top and at the side a small
                60cm only for the dvd-cd player is the Best solution.more expensive but look much better vs. the 3 floor rack.
                Brian give me a feed back pease (Pm . mail,...)

thx Style

Comment

• jtcseattle
                  • Oct 2007

FYI:

Jim
                  That's consistent with what I have been told. I ordered my SSP-800 a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully, we really will get them in August. For what its worth, it appears that Classe is still offerring the CDT-300 at 50% off to anyone who buys an SSP-800. At least that is the deal I was able to get.

Comment

• AV-OCD
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by jtcseattle
                    That's consistent with what I have been told. I ordered my SSP-800 a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully, we really will get them in August. For what its worth, it appears that Classe is still offerring the CDT-300 at 50% off to anyone who buys an SSP-800. At least that is the deal I was able to get.
                    I'm in Redmond and got that deal from Definitive. But then I discovered the joys of having a music server and sold-off the Classe player. Oh well, at least the loss I took was not as big as it would have been.

Comment

• style
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Feb 2006

In europa with a SSP800 you have a 25% over a cd player not the 50% :twisted:

but experience from AV-OCD and other member say that don't pay go home with a cdp Classe player....

each consumer have sold the player in a little time....

Correct AV-OCD??

Style

Comment

• AV-OCD
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by style
                        In europa with a SSP800 you have a 25% over a cd player not the 50% :twisted:

but experience from AV-OCD and other member say that don't pay go home with a cdp Classe player....

each consumer have sold the player in a little time....

Correct AV-OCD??

Style
                        Well, I don't know about everyone, but I can think of a few. Some people like to insert one disc at a time. It's like vinyl vs. cd for this generation. You got your single disc player guys on one side and the music server dudes on the other.

Comment

• Gump
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by AV-OCD
                          I'm in Redmond and got that deal from Definitive. But then I discovered the joys of having a music server and sold-off the Classe player. Oh well, at least the loss I took was not as big as it would have been.
                          Hey Tim!

My music server curiosity is just starting to awaken and I'm looking for places to research my options. The Wadia 170i iTransport has been recommended to me. I was told that with the SSP-800's DACs it would be like turning an iPod into a high-end CD player. Sonos and AppleTV are other options, but I like to check things out before diving in. Especially since I am afflicted with a bad case of Village Idiocitis when it comes to computers in general....so, user friendliness is important, although sound quality is primary as usual. WAV,FLAC, PMC lossless, MP3 lossy----all Greek to me!

At any rate, if you have any suggestions for places to research or advice from your own experience I'd appreciate it. This actually might be worthy of it's own thread.

Hey Jim! (Oddiophile)

I'm not trying to de-rail your original topic but when the music server thing was mentioned I decided to seize the moment.

I'm excited about getting the new DSP board for a few reasons, not the least being that it will finally kick this controversy to the curb. This has distracted from the SSP-800's attributes since it's first release and it will be nice to eliminate the issue. (where's wettou anyway?...uh, nevermind 8O ).

My personal issue with this is that there were no Classe dealers in the Phoenix vicinity when I made my purchase so I chose to go out of state to buy mine. I'm not excited about the idea of having to box my 800 up and ship it out of state for the DSP upgrade and then have to wait for it to be shipped back to me again...I'm currently exploring my options on this little problem. Either way I'll get it and be happy!

Comment

• Oddiophile
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Gump
                            Hey Jim! (Oddiophile)

I'm not trying to de-rail your original topic but when the music server thing was mentioned I decided to seize the moment.

I'm excited about getting the new DSP board for a few reasons, not the least being that it will finally kick this controversy to the curb. This has distracted from the SSP-800's attributes since it's first release and it will be nice to eliminate the issue. (where's wettou anyway?...uh, nevermind 8O ).

My personal issue with this is that there were no Classe dealers in the Phoenix vicinity when I made my purchase so I chose to go out of state to buy mine. I'm not excited about the idea of having to box my 800 up and ship it out of state for the DSP upgrade and then have to wait for it to be shipped back to me again...I'm currently exploring my options on this little problem. Either way I'll get it and be happy!
                            Gump,

No problem with jumping in. I share the same interest as you in the upcoming possibilities for music servers, iPods, etc..

My Classe dealer situation is similar as you as my nearest dealer is in Edmonton, out-of-province and 350 miles away. Luckily he is very good.

I had several conversations with Tom at Classe about the upgrade board. Among the topics was whether or not a customer could do the upgrade himself. The impression I had was that it was definitely a possibility if you had the requisite skill level. I think it might be worth a call to Classe to find out if you could do it yourself. In my case, events took the choice out of my hands but I think I probably would have had either the dealer or Classe do it even if I had the choice.

Jim

Comment

• AV-OCD
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Gump
                              Hey Tim!

My music server curiosity is just starting to awaken and I'm looking for places to research my options. The Wadia 170i iTransport has been recommended to me. I was told that with the SSP-800's DACs it would be like turning an iPod into a high-end CD player. Sonos and AppleTV are other options, but I like to check things out before diving in. Especially since I am afflicted with a bad case of Village Idiocitis when it comes to computers in general....so, user friendliness is important, although sound quality is primary as usual. WAV,FLAC, PMC lossless, MP3 lossy----all Greek to me!

At any rate, if you have any suggestions for places to research or advice from your own experience I'd appreciate it. This actually might be worthy of it's own thread.

Hey Jim! (Oddiophile)

Hey Gump!

Well, if you are not the most technically inclined, then don't go the route I did. There are special things that need to be done to the output resolution just to get the Mac Mini to put up a compatible image to your monitor.

I wouldn't recommend the Wadia / ipod option unless you own very little music. The hard drive in the ipod is just too small to hold many of the lossless files you are going to want for the best sound quality.

So that leaves the Sonos, the Apple TV, the Squeezebox and the Transporter. Now that I think about it, the Transporter really isn't necessary because you are paying extra over the cost of the Squeezebox for the DACs, which you don't need.

The Apple TV will allow you to manage and interact with your music files using your TV as the display, and you can use an iPhone iPod Touch as the remote. It should be easy enough to set-up since you don't have to mess with the video resolutions to get it to work. The only downside is that you are limited to 16bit/44.1KHz music files (standard CD quality). The Sonos and the Squeezebox would allow playback of high resolution 24bit/96KHz files, but neither lets you manage your music using your TV. The Sonos does let you use a laptop though, which would be the next best thing, IMO. And you can also use the iPhone as a graphic remote.

If you want to do some research yourself, check out www.hddaudio.net, www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com and www.computeraudiohile.com. Just be aware the computer audiophile has a lot of talk about DACs and hardcore tweaks for computer-based audio, half of which you can disregard because you already have a great DAC in the SSP-800.

Feel free to PM me, or start a thread on music servers if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

- Tim

My Wilson-Benesch HT

Comment

• sikoniko
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Aug 2003

Hey Gump!

Well, if you are not the most technically inclined, then don't go the route I did. There are special things that need to be done to the output resolution just to get the Mac Mini to put up a compatible image to your monitor.

I wouldn't recommend the Wadia / ipod option unless you own very little music. The hard drive in the ipod is just too small to hold many of the lossless files you are going to want for the best sound quality.

So that leaves the Sonos, the Apple TV, the Squeezebox and the Transporter. Now that I think about it, the Transporter really isn't necessary because you are paying extra over the cost of the Squeezebox for the DACs, which you don't need.

The Apple TV will allow you to manage and interact with your music files using your TV as the display, and you can use an iPhone iPod Touch as the remote. It should be easy enough to set-up since you don't have to mess with the video resolutions to get it to work. The only downside is that you are limited to 16bit/44.1KHz music files (standard CD quality). The Sonos and the Squeezebox would allow playback of high resolution 24bit/96KHz files, but neither lets you manage your music using your TV. The Sonos does let you use a laptop though, which would be the next best thing, IMO. And you can also use the iPhone as a graphic remote.

If you want to do some research yourself, check out www.hddaudio.net, www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com and www.computeraudiohile.com. Just be aware the computer audiophile has a lot of talk about DACs and hardcore tweaks for computer-based audio, half of which you can disregard because you already have a great DAC in the SSP-800.

Feel free to PM me, or start a thread on music servers if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

- Tim

My Wilson-Benesch HT

I thought about getting an AppleTV. I feel that its greatest weakness is its limitation to itunes. I wish it had full access to any internet streaming/content. There is a Boxee hack, which I have not played with, but seems to have promise by allowing you to open it up to other internet content. The people I know that have played with it said it isn't ready yet.

The sonos is great because it works as a multi-zone system in the house. I can use my iphone/itouch to easily control it and it allows me access to my entire audio catalog (excluding SACD/DVD-A) and pandora at my fingertip. I have one in the theater room and one hooked up to my b&w zeppelin in the living room. I am trying to talk the wife into letting me get one for our expected babies room! You can play unique content, or the same content to all devices in the house, and they sync up by an internal wireless network that just works. no setup required.

Comment

• AV-OCD
                                  • Aug 2008

I thought about getting an AppleTV. I feel that its greatest weakness is its limitation to itunes. I wish it had full access to any internet streaming/content. There is a Boxee hack, which I have not played with, but seems to have promise by allowing you to open it up to other internet content. The people I know that have played with it said it isn't ready yet.

The sonos is great because it works as a multi-zone system in the house. I can use my iphone/itouch to easily control it and it allows me access to my entire audio catalog (excluding SACD/DVD-A) and pandora at my fingertip. I have one in the theater room and one hooked up to my b&w zeppelin in the living room. I am trying to talk the wife into letting me get one for our expected babies room! You can play unique content, or the same content to all devices in the house, and they sync up by an internal wireless network that just works. no setup required.
                                  There are file converters that can change FLAC to ALAC for example, but that starts getting into not so user friendly zone, so Sonos is probably best.

Gump - forgot to mention that with Sonos your will need another computer in the home with enough hard drive space to store all of your music files. Or a network "server" (a box that holds multiple hard drives and includes the electronics to connect to your home's wireless network).

Comment

• Tylercoupe
                                    • Aug 2008

For music servers also check out the Naim HDX...I have 2 apple TVs and they are great for multiroom sound for for quality listening...the HDX is superior...I use mine with an XPS2 power supply and the sound is awesome...

Comment

• AV-OCD
                                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Tylercoupe
                                      For music servers also check out the Naim HDX...I have 2 apple TVs and they are great for multiroom sound for for quality listening...the HDX is superior...I use mine with an XPS2 power supply and the sound is awesome...
                                      Do you own the SSP-800?

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Mar 2006

The sonos is great because it works as a multi-zone system in the house. I can use my iphone/itouch to easily control it and it allows me access to my entire audio catalog (excluding SACD/DVD-A) and pandora at my fingertip.
                                        Stereo only, I presume.

Kal
                                        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• sikoniko
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
                                          Stereo only, I presume.

Kal
                                          unfortunately, yes.

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                            • May 2008

Hey Gump!

Cheers,

- Tim

My Wilson-Benesch HT

I use the Wadia with a Ipod Classic that holds 120 GB...usually that will cover off most people, and if it doesn't you can have a couple of Classics (roughly $225 each) with one for Jazz, one for Rock etc. Sound with the SSP800 running the D/A is very good, just try to use lossy sound codecs (Apple Lossless etc.).
                                            Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• Oddiophile
                                              • Jul 2008

Upgrade board news:

I was just talking to Classe about something else and I asked them about the procedure for getting the upgrade board.

The procedure is normally to contact your dealer and not Classe.

Apparently getting the upgrade board ready is absolutely the number one priority at Classe and so they are reasonably confident that it will be ready mid to late August and certainly in time for CEDIA in early September. The unofficial estimate was that it was 95% ready.

All SSP-800s that they have in stock now have the upgrade board hardware itself installed. It seems to be simply a matter of incorporating the testing of the upgrade board and its software as part of the normal final testing routine once the software has been declared to be ready.

Jim

Comment

• Tylercoupe
                                                • Aug 2008

Do you own the SSP-800?

Yes, i received my SSP-800 as a beta version last fall. it is in a system with a 502, 2200 and 3200. I have both the Wadia ipod dock and an apple TV connected to it. The ipod dock is mainly for when my wife's friends want to play their music at parties...the apple TV is a primary source for multizone throughout the house and deck and I use regularly for movie downloads.

The HDX is in my audio only system with an Audio Research ref2v2 which also sees playing time on a Naim CDS3/500 and and SME 20 turntable. It is not better than the CDS3 on 44/16 but is very good and with higher rez material its awesome. If I were to move to the SSP-800 I would likely not use the XPS2 power supply and run with coaxial into the 800...have not tried it. The HDX can feed 4 other zones with additional Naim gear.

Comment

• AV-OCD
                                                  • Aug 2008

Yes, i received my SSP-800 as a beta version last fall. it is in a system with a 502, 2200 and 3200. I have both the Wadia ipod dock and an apple TV connected to it. The ipod dock is mainly for when my wife's friends want to play their music at parties...the apple TV is a primary source for multizone throughout the house and deck and I use regularly for movie downloads.

The HDX is in my audio only system with an Audio Research ref2v2 which also sees playing time on a Naim CDS3/500 and and SME 20 turntable. It is not better than the CDS3 on 44/16 but is very good and with higher rez material its awesome. If I were to move to the SSP-800 I would likely not use the XPS2 power supply and run with coaxial into the 800...have not tried it. The HDX can feed 4 other zones with additional Naim gear.
                                                  Sorry for my confusion, but do have or have you connected the HDX to the SSP-800 via a digital connection and compared it to the Apple TV or the Wadia for 44.1 material. I'm curious because I found very little difference between my Mac Mini and a CDP-300. But then what I consider a minor difference could be considered important by others.

Comment

• Tylercoupe
                                                    • Aug 2008

I have not played the HDX through the SSP-800. I have only played as a standalone through analog preamp...using the Naim internal DAs. I have played the apple TV through the SSP800 and still do. I prefer the sound of the Naim...but it is not a true A/B test...the Naim will play high rez sound while the apple TV does not

Comment

• AV-OCD
                                                      • Aug 2008

I have not played the HDX through the SSP-800. I have only played as a standalone through analog preamp...using the Naim internal DAs. I have played the apple TV through the SSP800 and still do. I prefer the sound of the Naim...but it is not a true A/B test...the Naim will play high rez sound while the apple TV does not
                                                      Ahh, I see. That makes sense. The SSP-800 is the best digital pre I've heard, but it doesn't sound like an AR analog pre. The AR stuff is very pleasing to the ear for sure.

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Mar 2007

I just received an update on the dual DSP board. The upgrade is now "imminent" according to an e-mail from Classe. New orders for the SSP-800 will ship just before CEDIA and will have the new dual DSP board. There will be some units that will ship just prior to that that will have the new DSP board installed and a yellow stripe on the LCD touchscreen that and will need a final firmware update to fully activate the new board.

If anyone reading hasn't ordered one should do so soon because any orders shipped after October 1st will be at an increased price. The retail is going up to $9000.00US so the next month an a half is the last change to get it at the old retail.

Eric

Comment

• MikeyH
                                                          • Aug 2008

I ordered mine last week. Hopefully I'll get it by next month

Mike

Comment

• style
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • Feb 2006

Hi hifiguymi,

The new DSP upgrade will be with with a only one "chip" not 2 "chip" in the SSP800.

Classe, well in switzerland, come at home (small country ops: ) and go replace the "old" chip with the new. Inside the SSP is - remain one (1) chip) and with the software firmware the game is over.

I go make the upgrade in setpember wenn my friend from Classe come near my home.
                                                            Style

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Mar 2007

It will be a dual DSP not another single. Here is a quote from the e-mail I received.

This upgrade is now imminent. It’s called the Dual DSP upgrade and its most important feature is processing power. The current 1800 MIPS (Million Instructions per Second) DSP is replaced with two 2800 MIPS processors. More power creates headroom for possible new features without compromising the SSP’s remarkable performance in any way. The Dual DSP will also allow onboard decoding of the HD audio formats (although it is unlikely that you will notice a performance improvement over full resolution PCM from most Blu-ray players).

Eric

Comment

• RalphoR
                                                                • Feb 2009

Thanks for the heads-up, Eric. This is exciting! I wonder what the protocol will be in attaining the new boards? I'll have to stop by my local Classe a/v store and snoop around a bit.

It's also nice to hear that with the new dual processor board that we'll most likely get more firmware updates down the road giving the 800 abilities I haven't even thought of yet. Does anyone know if when you swap the boards you need to input all your settings again?

Ralph

Comment

• garak
                                                                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by RalphoR
                                                                  Does anyone know if when you swap the boards you need to input all your settings again?
                                                                  I think someone on this board said that you will have to redo all of your settings. :huh:

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by garak
                                                                    I think someone on this board said that you will have to redo all of your settings. :huh:
                                                                    last I heard from Dave, you won't have to, but it is recommended that you recalibrate your levels.

Comment

• style
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • Feb 2006

Hi,

@hifiguymi,

I means that that is not a extra chip that will be placed.....another single chip replace the "not so performanced" chip....

1. open the SSP800
                                                                      2. remove the old chip *single"
                                                                      3. place the new dsp chip (like a dual core :W )
                                                                      4. close and new software charged.

in Switzerlnad you dont' go send the SSP to the Dealer and the Dealer to Classe.....Classe come at home abd make the job at place!

well a new setting from the SSP with the new chip, software for my is higly raccomandet: now with the experience to make this "job" is not so hard!!
                                                                      in 15 min. all is ready to be used....

Style

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                        • Mar 2007

It's sort of like a dual core but it is acutally two seperate DSP engines on a small daughter board instead of the current one. So yes the old one will be removed an the new ones will be put in it's place.

Eric

Comment

• AV-OCD
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by style
                                                                          Hi,

@hifiguymi,

I means that that is not a extra chip that will be placed.....another single chip replace the "not so performanced" chip....

1. open the SSP800
                                                                          2. remove the old chip *single"
                                                                          3. place the new dsp chip (like a dual core :W )
                                                                          4. close and new software charged.

in Switzerlnad you dont' go send the SSP to the Dealer and the Dealer to Classe.....Classe come at home abd make the job at place!

well a new setting from the SSP with the new chip, software for my is higly raccomandet: now with the experience to make this "job" is not so hard!!
                                                                          in 15 min. all is ready to be used....

Style
                                                                          You'll be replacing this:

with this:

Comment

• RalphoR
                                                                            Junior Member
                                                                            • Feb 2009
                                                                            • 29

I wonder if the EQ software referred to under the 2D77 specs means there's a POSSIBILITY of automatic speaker set-up software down the road as an option for those who want to go that route?

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                                              • Aug 2003
                                                                              • 2299

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by RalphoR
                                                                              I wonder if the EQ software referred to under the 2D77 specs means there's a POSSIBILITY of automatic speaker set-up software down the road as an option for those who want to go that route?
                                                                              The existing DSP supports Audyssey and they opted to not use it. I wouldn't hold my breath, but that doesn't mean they couldn't change their mind in the future. John Lennon once sang "Tomorrow never knows". There are no absolutes in life.

Comment

• style
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Feb 2006
                                                                                • 1562

#40
                                                                                hallo,

the Eq . is possible to have from Classe.
                                                                                of course with a Classe software....I go see wehn Classe come to mye for the dsp upgrade to make a "calibration" direct in my room from a Prfi from c
                                                                                Classe.

The idea from Classe is "a man make a better work vs. a simple microphone placed in the room!, with the right software they go make a exactly set!

With software made by Classe for the SSP they do exact setup - tailored just for your room!
                                                                                much better than a microphone placed in a room and listening to the crush of a button. (and hope that the result is better than that done by a professional)
                                                                                push the botton (chemical brothers :W ) and hope

i like make a Isf calibration and a color setup for your screen with a dvd bought for $. 10!
                                                                                is only waht do you will! a great EQ calibration or a make your self yob....

Style

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Aug 2003
                                                                                  • 2299

#41
                                                                                  just got word from Dave. Some boards will be going out as early as next week.

Comment

• Oddiophile
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Jul 2008
                                                                                    • 173

#42
                                                                                    just got word from Dave. Some boards will be going out as early as next week.
                                                                                    Hi Sikoniko,

Do you know if this means that complete SSP-800 units with the new board will be shipping next week as well?

I have a unit on order so I have a bit of a vested interest . According to Tom at Classe I am near or at the top of the list when they are ready. I can't wait to get mine.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Jim

Comment

• sikoniko
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Aug 2003
                                                                                      • 2299

#43
                                                                                      I wish I had more specific info. I hesitate to say much because anything could happen. The holdup is parts. There will be a new power cable supplied and I believe nylon risers to isolate the new dsp from the board. They are waiting on those parts and will begin shipping shortly after. Shipments will be weekly until all boards are updated. Dealers will have an opportunity to fill backorders if customers are willing to accept test code. So it is possible yours could ship next week. I recommend you contact your dealer. All upgrades will go through the dealer. No acceptions.

Comment

• style
                                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                                        • Feb 2006
                                                                                        • 1562

#44
                                                                                        All upgrades will go through the dealer. No acceptions.
                                                                                        In Europa will be different ops: , little country have a pro in this case....

Style

Comment

• ian1975
                                                                                          Member
                                                                                          • Apr 2009
                                                                                          • 83

#45
                                                                                          Hi! just to get you know, even if I live just 30 minutes from Classé audio, they won't allow me to bring the unit in for the upgrade. Everything has to be done through the dealer and the replacement part is not ready until 2-3 weeks according to my dealer and Tom at Classé.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                          Search Result for "|||"