X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sweor
    • Feb 2010

report bug new dual DSP board

Dear friends
    is my first message and then want to send a greeting to all the lucky owners of a product Audio Class.
    Unfortunately my debut tells of a bug found and already shared with Audio Class discovered after the upgrade in question made by the Italian distributor (Audiogamma) to pre SSP800. The new Dual-DSP board is unable to direct output (HDMI 1 / 2 out) the audio to any screen using only the speaker of the screen. I try to explain. My system has four audio-video sources (satellite, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, bluray Pioneer Lx52) that connects to the 4 HDMI inputs dell'SSP800. In output sends the signal via HDMI to a Pioneer Kuro PDP 428 and a projector SIM2 C3X 1080. When I'm not going to use the speakers I avoid turning on the final (Classe' Audio ca5100) and through the Pioneer plasma can still use all the sources by listening the audio through the speakers of the screen.
    Unfortunately after the upgrade the new card is (currently) no longer able to address via HDMI audio output to TV .
    Hope in a new firmware release asap
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

to my knowledge, Classe is aware of it already. I can't remember if it is already fixed or not.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• sweor
      • Feb 2010

Actually not fixed (last firmware release 2.01 rev. 0071).
      Work in progress i think and hope

Comment

• sikoniko
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by sweor
        Actually not fixed (last firmware release 2.01 rev. 0071).
        Work in progress i think and hope
        I'm sorry for not being clear. I meant fixed internally. Rebelman reported it to Dave a few weeks back and they were already aware of it.
        I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• sweor
          • Feb 2010

thanx for your support and reply :T

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Originally posted by sweor
            Dear friends
            is my first message and then want to send a greeting to all the lucky owners of a product Audio Class.
            Unfortunately my debut tells of a bug found and already shared with Audio Class discovered after the upgrade in question made by the Italian distributor (Audiogamma) to pre SSP800. The new Dual-DSP board is unable to direct output (HDMI 1 / 2 out) the audio to any screen using only the speaker of the screen. I try to explain. My system has four audio-video sources (satellite, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, bluray Pioneer Lx52) that connects to the 4 HDMI inputs dell'SSP800. In output sends the signal via HDMI to a Pioneer Kuro PDP 428 and a projector SIM2 C3X 1080. When I'm not going to use the speakers I avoid turning on the final (Classe' Audio ca5100) and through the Pioneer plasma can still use all the sources by listening the audio through the speakers of the screen.
            Unfortunately after the upgrade the new card is (currently) no longer able to address via HDMI audio output to TV .
            Hope in a new firmware release asap
            Why would you want to release sound to a screen !! A bit over-killed
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• sweor
              • Feb 2010

for two reasons: when I follow a no spectacular events (such as a simple news) I feel no need to use a speakers like Dynaudio Contour system, the plasma is also positioned on the long side of the room so I lhave to the left the video and the audio in front because the speakers are correctly positioned for a use in configuration 2.0 (source Micromega Aria cd) or 5.1 (with the projector Sim2C3x1080)

Comment

• RebelMan
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

I got word from sikoniko that you (sweor) are having an issue sending audio over the HDMI output after the Dual DSP upgrade. I discovered and reported the issue only recently but Classe' knew internally the Dual DSP board had the effect of suppressing HDMI audio output on some older units. The new board allowed Classe' to clean up some things in the interface with the cost being a loss to secondary (HDMI) audio.

This issue is correctable and it does not exist on any unit that shipped with the Dual DSP pre-installed. To restore HDMI audio output you will need to send the unit in for an FPGA update - it cannot be done in the field. My unit is presently with Classe' for this very reason.
                "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• beden1
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by RebelMan
                  I got word from sikoniko that you (sweor) are having an issue sending audio over the HDMI output after the Dual DSP upgrade. I discovered and reported the issue only recently but Classe' knew internally the Dual DSP board had the effect of suppressing HDMI audio output on some older units. The new board allowed Classe' to clean up some things in the interface with the cost being a loss to secondary (HDMI) audio.

This issue is correctable and it does not exist on any unit that shipped with the Dual DSP pre-installed. To restore HDMI audio output you will need to send the unit in for an FPGA update - it cannot be done in the field. My unit is presently with Classe' for this very reason.
                  Does this mean that we all have to send our single DSP board SSP-800s back to Classe?

Comment

• RebelMan
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by beden1
                    Does this mean that we all have to send our single DSP board SSP-800s back to Classe?
                    Not necessarily. Only if the Dual-DSP upgrade board impacts your SSP-800 in this fashion and you have a need for this capability.

Comment

• wettou
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • May 2006

OSD stopped working today!!!

My OSD is no longer working it is driving me nuts Any help would be appreciated!
                      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• RebelMan
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

Elaborate please.

Comment

• wettou
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • May 2006

Elaborate please.
                          After discussing with Tom, I rebooted the processor and it works now? It seems the software is still not super stable. Maybe the next version will be :T

Comment

• Sharp 1080
                            • Dec 2009

Have any of you had a problem using the touch screen and having a slow response when using the "back" button while exiting a menu? Seems to have been intermittent because it's not doing it now! 8O

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                              • May 2008

Reboot
                              Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• wettou
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by KahunaCanuck
                                Reboot
                                It seems rebooting is the solution to everything just like computers

Comment

• JoseS
                                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by wettou
                                  It seems rebooting is the solution to everything just like computers

+1 :T

Comment

• wxmanunr
                                    • Dec 2008

Which Older Systems?

Not necessarily. Only if the Dual-DSP upgrade board impacts your SSP-800 in this fashion and you have a need for this capability.
                                    Which older systems does this affect? This would be severely annoying if I have to send my unit back to Classe - have tried to avoid this.

wxmanunr

Comment

• RebelMan
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by wxmanunr
                                      Which older systems does this affect? This would be severely annoying if I have to send my unit back to Classe - have tried to avoid this.

wxmanunr
                                      Indeed, it is inconvenient, and like you I had hoped this would have been avoided. My review is looooong overdue and there have been a few reasons for the delay, this is one of them.

I don't know to what extent the older systems have been affected like this only that Classe' has been aware of it since the new Dual-DSP boards have been released and that there is a fix for it (which is all that matters).

Comment

• wettou
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • May 2006

Indeed, it is inconvenient, and like you I had hoped this would have been avoided. My review is looooong overdue and there have been a few reasons for the delay, this is one of them.

I don't know to what extent the older systems have been affected like this only that Classe' has been aware of it since the new Dual-DSP boards have been released and that there is a fix for it (which is all that matters).
                                        I guess that was a smart move for me to wait at least a year before pulling the trigger!

Has anyone had the following experience after the display screen goes to sleep and it first wake up the screen flashes red!! Also sometime between change of input 8O

Comment

• Oddiophile
                                          • Jul 2008

I guess that was a smart move for me to wait at least a year before pulling the trigger!

Has anyone had the following experience after the display screen goes to sleep and it first wake up the screen flashes red!! Also sometime between change of input 8O

Yes, I have had the same thing happen. I think I read somewhere that it is not a cause for concern however.

Jim

Comment

• wettou
                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                            • May 2006

Originally posted by Oddiophile
                                            Yes, I have had the same thing happen. I think I read somewhere that it is not a cause for concern however. Jim
                                            Jim, Classé say they are not able to reproduce that issue!!

Comment

• Teejoo
                                              • Dec 2009

I have the same thing sometimes, but it flashes green. Not a big deal, but it looks a bit weird.
                                              Teejooscoop

Comment

• Sharp 1080
                                                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Teejoo
                                                I have the same thing sometimes, but it flashes green. Not a big deal, but it looks a bit weird.
                                                I noticed it also on my SSP which is a recent shipment from Classe. No big deal here either.

Comment

• wettou
                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Sharp 1080
                                                  I noticed it also on my SSP which is a recent shipment from Classe. No big deal here either.
                                                  Yes maybe but it is annoying and Classé says they can't reproduce it:roll:

Comment

• Sharp 1080
                                                    • Dec 2009

Yes maybe but it is annoying and Classé says they can't reproduce it:roll:
                                                    I just figured it was just a bug that exists due to the option available to change screen colours. It doesn't lock on and remain green so to me it's just a quirk. No device is going to be perfect, you are in for disappointment thinking otherwise. :W

Comment

• wettou
                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                      • May 2006

Originally posted by Sharp 1080
                                                      I just figured it was just a bug that exists due to the option available to change screen colours. It doesn't lock on and remain green so to me it's just a quirk. No device is going to be perfect, you are in for disappointment thinking otherwise. :W
                                                      Yes I know even my Mac has issues once in a while, not very often :B

Comment

• sweor
                                                        • Feb 2010

up

sorry but i return at the first problem: 4 weeks ago i have immediatly sent my unit in Classe' Audio UK (i'm in Europe). STILL NO NEWS ! I'm seriously worried, someone have updates on this?

Comment

Working...
                                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                        Search Result for "|||"