X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prk504
    • Jun 2017

Low voltage on trigger out? Rmb-1585

Does anyone here use the trigger out on the pm back of the rmb1585?

I'm only getting 8.75v from the trigger out per my multimeter. My marantz is showing a full 12v.

Does anyone else have low voltage from the trigger out on any of their Rotel Amps?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • prk504
    • Jun 2017

Confirmed... Rotel has low output trigger voltage.

After emailing with Rotel (B&W) support, the trigger out on all of their 1585 models is only 8.7V. Also, they said their amps will take a trigger voltage down to 2.5v to turn on, which is good. If I needed to trigger something else that with the amp trigger output, then they recommended http://www.powerswitchtail.com/ which is a trigger switched 15amp outlet that can accept down to 3v for under $30

So moral of the story, either Rotel's manuals are just wrong or their amps are all manufactured incorrectly...that being said their support department is responsive.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"