X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prk504
    • Jun 2017

Rmb1585 floor noise?

Does anyone experience a slight him from the tweeters when using the rmb1585?

I have a slight hum with no audio coming through..I've tried disconnecting all the interconnects and the trigger. The amp is plugged into a Tripp Lite Lc1200 and I've tried plugging it in directly to the wall. no luck.

The hum / buzz is only audible with my ears to the tweeters. I have 804 d3 towers...I called magnolia at best buy and they said that their showroom rmb1585 powering their 804d3 towers has a hum too.

Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • mglimabr
    • Sep 2010

I had RMB-1075 a long time ago and i remember to have this hum on my B&W 804s at the time. After that i bought Mcintosh MC275 tube and used a lot and no hum. Few months i returned to Rotel processor and hooked Marantz 7055 5 channel power and i got this same hum, very low, but i hear with my Sonus Faber Olympica II. (now i use dedicated power electric). The power is producing this hum. I think its a not so good isolate power amplifier (but good sound quality).

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"