X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoMan
    • Jan 2007

HT Preamp vs stereo preamp

Hi all,

Would there be any benefit to using a separate stereo preamplifier hooked up to my home theater pre/pro in bypass mode so that I can watch movies in 5.1 and listen to 2 channel using the stereo preamp? I'm using the RSP 1572 HT pre/pro and wondering if getting the Rotel RC 1570 will provide more sonic 2 channel benefits to my music experience?

RoMan
  • jam200
    • Jan 2009

Hi Roman: The stereo preamp will provide a purer sound because you can bypass all of the effects. It also makes it easier to do so with the separate stereo preamp. The HT Signal Processor will do the same if you bypass all of the effects. Juan

Comment

• RoMan
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by jam200
      Hi Roman: The stereo preamp will provide a purer sound because you can bypass all of the effects. It also makes it easier to do so with the separate stereo preamp. The HT Signal Processor will do the same if you bypass all of the effects. Juan
      Hi jam200. So just using the bypass function in my RSP 1572 will essentially do the same thing as getting a separate stereo preamplifier. No real reason to get a separate stereo preamp then. Is that what I understand by your comment?

RoMan

Comment

• wkhanna
        Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

like most things....it depends......

...just how "Pure" is the by-pass mode.....

the (my) goal for 2-ch, which is my priority, is the least amount of board-level components between my source & amp.
        i feed my RSP-1068 from my 2-ch Carver C-19 pre for HT services.
        the C-19 is always set at Zero gain, btw.

others here with more technical knowledge than i will hopefully tell us just how effective the by-pass mode on your 1572 is.....
        _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
        ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• jam200
          • Jan 2009

Hi Roman, that's the gist of my comment. However, at one time, I had a separate stereo pre-amp to listen to music. As Bill said, it gave a purer sound.

Comment

• RoMan
            • Jan 2007

I'm currently considering purchasing the RC 1570 stereo preamp which is why I was asking for comments and/or suggestions in the forum. My dealer says my 1572 "would have a similiar pre section so really not an upgrade". Anyone agree with this statement? This RC 1570 would be hooked up to my RB 1590 power amp.

RoMan.

Comment

• TimbaLand
              • Aug 2013

The RC1570 Will sound much better than the RSP.

Comment

• RoMan
                • Jan 2007

Thanks Timbaland. I've done a full 180 reverse on this one and I will keep my RSP 1572 for now and wait for the RSP 1582 to come out with its upgrades(HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2). I realize I dont have the room right now for any extra gear so I'll have to hold off until I get a bigger place..lol..thanks a bunch all for your responses. It is much appreciated. :-)

RoMan

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"