X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fred7
    • Jul 2004

RSX 1056 Stereo Mode

I just upgraded from a RSP-1066 and a RSX-1055 to a pair of brand new RSX-1056 receivers, one for my living room and one for my bedroom. One of the main reasons that I upgraded was to get true analog bypass for two channel and multi channel inputs. I was also looking forward to using the two channel stereo mode for analog inputs because of the new crossover system. The old ones would send the bass to the subwoofer and the main speakers causing a bass doubling issue. The new system is supposed to digitize the signal and cross it over and only send the bass to the subwoofer when in stereo mode. This seems to work well except that it seems that when the receiver is in stereo mode that the signal is being modified by some sort spatial enhancement – similar to SRS. When I switch between bypass and stereo the bypass mode seems much more natural. In the stereo mode the soundstage seems exaggerated. Does anyone else notice this? Am I doing something wrong?
  • eelco74
    • Dec 2002

I have played with this as well, but I have not noticed any difference like you described between stereo and direct (rsp-1068).

What I have noticed is that the sub (no/yes/max) is for analogue and digital at the same time. I cannot get my processor to do "max" for analogue and "yes" for digital.

Altough the sub led lights in "stereo" and goes off in "Bypass" it does not make any difference.
    Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Fred7
      • Jul 2004

After listening to my bedroom system some more I realized that it wasn’t doing the same spatial enhancement thing. I reset my living room system to the factory defaults and the problem went away. I guess something weird was going on and the reset cleared some inaccessible setting because both systems were configured the same way. In bypass mode the same thing that you describe happens on both of my systems no matter how they are configured – the subwoofer stays off. I actually like that and I think that it is by design – a true analog bypass with no alteration (I think that the tone controls still work in bypass mode but I never use them).

Comment

• eelco74
        • Dec 2002

But if I go from "bypass" to "stereo" , the "sub" led lights on, but no sound from the sub...

And I was expecting this to happen. Or do I have a faulty unit ?
        Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
        Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
        Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"