X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • specialized
    • Apr 2008

803S optimal Amp/Preamp.

Hi there.. I decided to do the final update about my system.

In this moment i have 803s/HTM3S/CM1 combination driven by Denon 3808 as Pre/Pro, and Rotel RB-1080 for fronts.

I realized that i listen music 95% and only 5% HT (if i knew it this i would made just stereo ). When i was purchsing 803S i was thinking a little bit about 803D as well, but becouse there was no chance to try 803D i was a bit worried about eventual boomys bass in my 21 square room + 7 square room opening, so i got 803s. In the future if i move in bigger space, i'll go directly to 802D and 803S as rears.

Now i want to get stereo preamp with HT bypass + amp to get maximum from my 803s.

What do u think what is the optimal route should i go? I dont have a chance to listen them at all, i have to just order them.
    To try to explain what is my reference music, i'll use my favourite cd.

Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue.

I like tight controlled bass (not boomy one), huuge soundstage that envelope the room, and details in same time.

So here are my thinking:

1. McIntosh C2300 PreAmp + MC402 AMP

2. Krell Evo 222 Stereo PreAMp + Krell Evo 302 AMP

3. Krell KAV-2250 + Krell Kav280p (eventualy in this combination maybe i'll get Kav-3250 instead of 2250 to have same amp for the center/front speakers, and to improve concerts what i watch (i put concerts as well in 95% of music).

4. Bryston BP-26 + MPS-2 + 4B-SST or maybe even 14B-SST.

So please u'r opinion about optimal Amp/Preamp combo

Greetings

Darko
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Darko,

Some excellent choices. I have McIntosh and B&W's. I find your desired goals (tight bass, huge soundstage and details) to be a very accurate description of the Mac and B&W sound I enjoy. The good news with an amp like the 402 is that you can definitely upgrade your main speakers later without issues. Like some 802D's.

Even though I have an HT system, I find the 2 channel performance to be outstanding. With a C2300 and a 402, your set up would be incredible.

Here's a vote for option 1.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• specialized
      • Apr 2008

Thanks for u'r reply Steve.. Tommorow i'm going to check prices about mcIntosh, so if they offer nice price i think i'll order C2300

Darko

Originally posted by htsteve
      Darko,

Some excellent choices. I have McIntosh and B&W's. I find your desired goals (tight bass, huge soundstage and details) to be a very accurate description of the Mac and B&W sound I enjoy. The good news with an amp like the 402 is that you can definitely upgrade your main speakers later without issues. Like some 802D's.

Even though I have an HT system, I find the 2 channel performance to be outstanding. With a C2300 and a 402, your set up would be incredible.

Here's a vote for option 1.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"