X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mglimabr
    • Sep 2010

Rotel RSP-1572 x RSP-1582

Hello. I used to have in my Home Theater one Rotel RSP-1570 a few years ago (with B&W 804S). I liked the sound but i trade for a simpler receiver because of 3D (little regret.. )
    Yesterday i get on my dealer to test the RSP-1572 and i loved the sound quality much better than my current receiver Yamaha RX-A3040. (My system now has Sonus Faber Olympica II and Center. For surround B&W CWM800).

Im decided to return to Rotel but i also consider the RSP-1582. Mostly for 4K and the XLR output and of course the huge display on the front painel. I would like to know about the sound quality between the 1572 and 1582. I too way different? Thanks.
  • JDH
    • Sep 2004

From discussion on this forum, (look under the RSP-1582 thread), the RSP-1582 is mean't to sound better than the RSP-1572 and I guess it should for the price difference. I've been using an RSP-1572 for 5 years but don't think I'll upgrade to the RSP-1582, however will probably buy the RSP-1572 replacement which should have enough extra features to bother upgrading. Also consider adding a dedicated 2ch pre-amp with an HT bypass feature and balanced input/output this is what I do, I'm pretty sure any dedicated 2ch pre-amp will sound better than the RSP-1582. As an AV pre-amp the RSP-1582 would be up there with the best. That being said the rest of the system should be of similar quality to hear the improvement.

JDH
    Last edited by JDH; 09 July 2017, 05:51 Sunday.
    Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• mglimabr
      • Sep 2010

Thanks! I used to listen the Mcintosh MC275 + Audio Research LS26 for my front channels as HT bypass and for serious stereo listening too. The tubes enhanced the sound but for movies not really necessary. Stereo its better but after have this system for 4 years, i come back to the Rotel with Marantz MM 7055 and its a very good value for sure.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"