Turns out I was hooking my Yamaha rxv-2095 up as a preamp correctly. They sold me a dead amp!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BKSinAZ
    • Feb 2003

Turns out I was hooking my Yamaha rxv-2095 up as a preamp correctly. They sold me a dead amp!

As most of you know, I just bought a RMB-1095 amp today...new in a sealed box. My first Rotel product. When I took it home, I attempted to hook my Yamaha RXV-2095 receiver up as a preamp to the RMB-1095. I thought I was hooking the Yami up incorrectly, but from reading the post it turns out I was doing it right. The Power light would come on but absolutly no sound at all would come from the speakers. Not so much as a HUM. I took the unit back to where I bought it from. They were very nice and attempted to hook up the Rotel Preamp 1066 to my amp. Same thing, no sound. They removed the cover to inspect the fuses, but they were good. They politly informed me that they accidently sold me a dead amplifier and would have to order one in again. Would take 10 working days as it comes from Canada by way of Buffalo, New York.

What are the damn chances!!!??? The hum noise was what I was concerned about when deciding on the Rotel RMB-1095 amp, but who would have guessed a totally DEAD amp?
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Oooopppsss
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Bad units happen unfortunately... Sorry you have to wait so long for that awesome amp

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
      Jason

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
        • Oct 2003

I also had a 2095 and i had a rotel 1075 hooked up and i had my fronts biamped. with no trigger on the 2095 you have to shut off the amp seperate,it was a pain in the butt. the sound was fantatic . I finally bought a rotel 1098 and sold the yamaha.

Comment

• BKSinAZ
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by MICHAEL STRO
          I also had a 2095 and i had a rotel 1075 hooked up and i had my fronts biamped. with no trigger on the 2095 you have to shut off the amp seperate,it was a pain in the butt. the sound was fantatic . I finally bought a rotel 1098 and sold the yamaha.
          So tell me exactly how you hooked up the 2095 please. Did the 2095's "PREOUT" go into the 1075's "Front Main Speakers" and leave the 2095's "Front Main Out" unused? The 2095's "center" to the "center speaker" on the 1075? The 2095's "rear out" going to the 1075's rear speakers?

Comment

• Scarp
            • Mar 2003

Connect the pre-out of the channels on the receiver to your seperate amplifier. Leave the speaker outputs of the receiver unused (for the channels that are amplified by the Rotel).

Comment

• ht_addict
              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by BKSinAZ
              Originally posted by MICHAEL STRO
              So tell me exactly how you hooked up the 2095 please. Did the 2095's "PREOUT" go into the 1075's "Front Main Speakers" and leave the 2095's "Front Main Out" unused? The 2095's "center" to the "center speaker" on the 1075? The 2095's "rear out" going to the 1075's rear speakers?
              Here is the diagram from another link.

Where is says output just connect using RCA cables the FL, FR, SL, SR, C to the corresponding inputs(unbalanced) on the 1095. Another option is to get a DB25 to 6RCA cable and connect that way. It looks like this and can be had from CobaltCables.

This website is for sale! cobaltcable.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, cobaltcable.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

ht_addict

Comment

• aphexist
                • Jan 2004

Hey,

It is cool that you want to keep everyone updated on your amplifier status, but it would be alot easier if you would just reply to the first thread you started rather than starting a new one every time the situation changes. This makes the discussion more continuous rather than having to piece together 6 threads.

For example, some people just coming in might not know that you learned that your 12v trigger was set, hence the amp was not powering the channels (ergo it was working as it was designed to).

See this thread:
                http://www.htguide.com/CFBoards/index.cfm?fuseaction=Threads.viewthread&Tid=92227& Forum=25&StartRow=1&CFB=1

Comment

• BKSinAZ
                  • Feb 2003

Here is the diagram from another link.

Where is says output just connect using RCA cables the FL, FR, SL, SR, C to the corresponding inputs(unbalanced) on the 1095. Another option is to get a DB25 to 6RCA cable and connect that way. It looks like this and can be had from CobaltCables.

This website is for sale! cobaltcable.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, cobaltcable.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

ht_addict

Thanks ht_addict, but I had a follow up question for you. Upon going to the audio shop, he instructed me to take the jumpers out of the "COUPLER" section and run RCAs out from the "Pre Out L & R" of the coupler section to the Front Mains of the RMB-1095. He stated to leave the 2095's "Main" output unused!. Then connect the corrisponding center and rears. Why the Pre Out and not the Main?

Comment

• BKSinAZ
                    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by aphexist
                    Hey,

It is cool that you want to keep everyone updated on your amplifier status, but it would be alot easier if you would just reply to the first thread you started rather than starting a new one every time the situation changes. This makes the discussion more continuous rather than having to piece together 6 threads.

For example, some people just coming in might not know that you learned that your 12v trigger was set, hence the amp was not powering the channels (ergo it was working as it was designed to).

See this thread:
                    http://www.htguide.com/CFBoards/index.cfm?fuseaction=Threads.viewthread&Tid=92227& Forum=25&StartRow=1&CFB=1
                    Sounds reasonable to me. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

• Kevin D
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2002

The jumpers used on the 2095 are normally used for a EQ loop.. IE, run pre-out to an EQ input and then EQ output to the Main-in.. That Main-In stands for INPUT.. Running from the 1095 to an INPUT on the 2095 will accomplish nothing. The main-in is a direct connection to the internal amp on the Yamaha. Your dealer was correct in what he said. Also the Front-out on the 2095 is ONLY for the "front effects" speakers, not your front left/right. Yamaha came up with their 7.1 system that used front surrounds.. If you are using front-effect speakers (I wouldn't), use the internal amps and don't hook anything to the "FRONT OUTPUT"

Kevin D.

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
                        • Oct 2003

Well by now i'm sure you know how to hook it up(exactly as you said) was correct. how do you like the way it sounds big difference huh!

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"