X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jam200
    • Jan 2009

RSP 1582 HDMI Upgrade

Hi Patrick, Any more news on the release date for the RSP-1582 HDMI Upgrade? Juan
  • function12
    • Oct 2007

I would like to know this too. Very close to pulling the trigger on a new pre/pro.

Comment

• jam200
      • Jan 2009

The RSP-1582 is an excellent pre-pro and provides a great sound for any type of music. The home theatre aspects are good also. The HDMI upgrade will bring the unit into the present with even more precise sound when warranted or good old booming sound when needed. )

Comment

• frank1203
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by jam200
        The RSP-1582 is an excellent pre-pro and provides a great sound for any type of music. The home theatre aspects are good also. The HDMI upgrade will bring the unit into the present with even more precise sound when warranted or good old booming sound when needed. )
        And most importantly... Finally allowing a HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 pass thru so we can play full 4K Ultra Blu Ray discs in glorious 4K quality (for those of us who have a 4K Blu Ray Player that is) !!
        Last edited by frank1203; 07 February 2017, 15:43 Tuesday.

Comment

• Bugsy
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by frank1203
          And most importantly... Finally allowing a HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 pass thru so we can play full 4K Ultra Blu Ray discs in glorious 4K quality (for those of us who have a 4K Blu Ray Player that is) !!
          :lol:Hey folks, long time lurker here. Out of curiosity I checked my RSP 1582 today for any software updates. This may be reported elsewhere but I found a newer version of software, downloaded & let it install. I then rewired my rig with the STB going to HDMI1 and my Samsung UBD-K8500 to HDMI2 on the 1582, the non Arc HDMI out on the 1582 to my LG OLED E6 HDMI1. I popped in my 4k BD of Hacksaw Ridge and it all worked perfectly. Kudos to Rotel, Cheers.

Comment

• frank1203
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Bugsy
            :lol:Hey folks, long time lurker here. Out of curiosity I checked my RSP 1582 today for any software updates. This may be reported elsewhere but I found a newer version of software, downloaded & let it install. I then rewired my rig with the STB going to HDMI1 and my Samsung UBD-K8500 to HDMI2 on the 1582, the non Arc HDMI out on the 1582 to my LG OLED E6 HDMI1. I popped in my 4k BD of Hacksaw Ridge and it all worked perfectly. Kudos to Rotel, Cheers.

Hi Bugsy, Glad you are enjoying the 1582! The latest software update - V2.82 that was released on January 16 fixed several things, which included the HDMI by-pass for TV viewing without using the 1582. If you read the details , you can see all the upgrades.

What the latest software update did not do was allow a full 4K pass thru. That can only be done with a hardware upgrade of which I understand is coming any time now. The 1582 is not HDMI 2.0 or HDCP 2.2 compatible at this time and that is the only way you can get full Ultra 4K HD (60 Bps) assuming you have a fully compatible TV as well. If you are enjoying Hacksaw Ridge playing on your Samsung BD-H8500, you may be getting a great picture with 4K upscaling but you cannot get true 4K capability until the hardware is upgraded. I learned this with alot of education from Patrick and I am patiently awaiting the hardware upgrade or the release of the RAP-1580 to get true 4K Ultra HD.

Comment

• Bugsy
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by frank1203
              Hi Bugsy, Glad you are enjoying the 1582! The latest software update - V2.82 that was released on January 16 fixed several things, which included the HDMI by-pass for TV viewing without using the 1582. If you read the details , you can see all the upgrades.

What the latest software update did not do was allow a full 4K pass thru. That can only be done with a hardware upgrade of which I understand is coming any time now. The 1582 is not HDMI 2.0 or HDCP 2.2 compatible at this time and that is the only way you can get full Ultra 4K HD (60 Bps) assuming you have a fully compatible TV as well. If you are enjoying Hacksaw Ridge playing on your Samsung BD-H8500, you may be getting a great picture with 4K upscaling but you cannot get true 4K capability until the hardware is upgraded. I learned this with alot of education from Patrick and I am patiently awaiting the hardware upgrade or the release of the RAP-1580 to get true 4K Ultra HD.
              Hi Frank, thanks for the correction, back to square one and all video to the TV for me. Any idea what the hardware upgrade will cost, user upgradeable or dealer upgrade? Cheers.

Comment

• jam200
                • Jan 2009

The HDMI upgrade will be at no cost to the end-user. Will need to be done at a dealer according to Patrick.

Comment

• Bugsy
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by jam200
                  The HDMI upgrade will be at no cost to the end-user. Will need to be done at a dealer according to Patrick.
                  Jam200, thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"