X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jam200
    • Jan 2009

Availability of the new RSP-1582 HDMI 2.0 boards

Have the new RSP-1582 HDMI 2.0 board been released yet? Does anyone know? Patrick, can you provide us a status report?
  • Patrick Butler
    • Jan 2014

Hi jam200,

RSP-1582s with the new HDMI 2.0 boards have begun shipping, and we are currently filling backorders. Note- these units do not presently support HDR, but we expect this to be fixed with a software update at a later date.

Regards,

Patrick
    B&W Group North America

Comment

• jam200
      • Jan 2009

Thanks Patrick for the update.

Comment

• RoMan
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Patrick Butler
        Hi jam200,

RSP-1582s with the new HDMI 2.0 boards have begun shipping, and we are currently filling backorders. Note- these units do not presently support HDR, but we expect this to be fixed with a software update at a later date.

Regards,

Patrick
        B&W Group North America
        Hi Patrick.

That is great news. Will the Rotel website be updated as well to reflect the new information? Thanks.

RoMan

Comment

• jam200
          • Jan 2009

Also, are the boards available to our local Rotel dealers to order?

Comment

• function12
            • Oct 2007

So, if we were to order a RSP-1582 from a supplier now would it come with the new HDMI board and how could we tell from the box? I would be ordering from Magnolia or Modia.

Comment

• jam200
              • Jan 2009

Just need to check with your dealer/supplier that they have the new units in stock. There will most likely be overlap of stock between the original units and the newly refined units.

Comment

• bwspeakers
                • Jan 2017

B&W in Germany says they haven't received any boards for the upgrade yet. The boards were supposed to come in 2016 for free for early 1582 buyers (ordered the RSP mid 2015 and received it January 2016). 2016 passed ... no HDMI board. 2017 passed ... no HDMI board. First month of 2018 is also already over and still ... no HDMI board.

My 1582 just turned 2. How old does it have to become to finally get the board? :roll:

Comment

• MacUser
                  • Aug 2006

What happened to that ship(ping) - did it sink? :roll:

Comment

• jam200
                    • Jan 2009

Not sure what happened. One minute the news was good, the next there was/is no news.

Comment

• jam200
                      • Jan 2009

Age is not the issue with the replacement. All 1582's that have the older hdmi ports should be upgraded at no cost according to Rotel.

Comment

• MacUser
                        • Aug 2006

I have just been informed by my dealer that the boards are available in the UK and I can now send in my 1582. The upgrade is carried out exclusively in the factory in England - also for German customers.

Comment

• jam200
                          • Jan 2009

I contacted Rotel on Wednesday regarding the HDMI and HDCP upgrade. The upgrade to HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 is free and is now available. The upgrade to HDMI 2.0a does incur a charge of $300.00 for additional hardware. The upgrade to HDMI2.0a would only be useful if High Dynamic Range was needed. I chose to upgrade to HDMI 2.0a. Rotel pays for the shipping back to the user. The turn-around-time is 21 days. I shipped my 1582 today.

Comment

• MacUser
                            • Aug 2006

My dealer doesn't know about different upgrades with or without HDR. Do you have more information or even a detailed quote or invoice for upgrading to HDMI 2.0a with HDR?

Comment

• jam200
                              • Jan 2009

Best Bet

Contact tim.wyatt@bowerswilkins.com at Rotel and he can give you all the details of the upgrade. The HDMI 2.0a upgrade is $300 plus the cost of shipping to Rotel. Shipping cost depends on where you live.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"