X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fishy
    • Jul 2004

RSP-1098 HDMI Upgrade

I've been in contact with Rotel UK about getting this upgrade. They have informed me that they cannot offer this upgrade.

Does anyone know of a dealer stateside that would offer this upgrade, via shipping the parts and details of any work required.

I dont use the S-Video ports any longer, so this would be a worthy upgrade to get completed as I'm not ready to swap the unit out yet.

Thanks
    Fish
  • Nuthed
    • Jan 2007

There is guy who posted in another thread below your's, about doing the mod, ask him.
    Main System

RSX-972 driving center and surrounds
    RB980-BX driving mains
    Paradigm Monitor 9s V5
    Paradigm Monitor C-390 V5
    Paradigm Monitor Atoms V5
    SVS PB-12

Comment

• Fishy
      • Jul 2004

OK update on this. I've spoken with Rotel UK and they do not offer this upgrade. So I spoke with Rotel US and they can still offer this upgrade, but only if I live in the US!

They have confirmed that this is just a module swapout and firmware upgrade, so nothing anyone with half a brain cell couldnt manage.

Not sure why they cant just send me the module after I've paid for it!

Fish

Comment

• sarsi
        • Nov 2004

I did the upgrade a few years back, the hardware part was pretty simple just swap out the s-video module and in go the hdmi (ver 1.0) module. But you need to very careful with the firmware upgrade, I had a previous experience where the upgrade somehow fried my optical module though I did everything correctly. Anyway, they don't sell the module anymore here as well.

I would suggest you get the new firmware downloaded first in case it is gone from the site. Good luck.

Comment

• Fishy
          • Jul 2004

I was informed that they supply that with the module. My issue is that they will only ship within the US.

Fish

Comment

• mjb
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Fishy
            So I spoke with Rotel US and they can still offer this upgrade, but only if I live in the US!
            You perhaps need the services of a mail forwarding company, there are quite are a few around. Or, go for a weeks holiday to the States somewhere, and have Rotel ship the module to your hotel
            - Mike

Main System:
            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• vifferboy
              • Mar 2007

If you can get it shipped to Canada I don't mind forwarding it on to you in the UK ... Maybe someone from the States could do it for you and make it even easier

Comment

• Fishy
                • Jul 2004

Mike, I'm looking at coming out to the US in June, so yeah get them to deliver to the hotel, unless they object to that as well.

Viffer, thanks but I'm now going to wait until I come out there.

Fish

Comment

• timjclark
                  • Apr 2009

Fish - What city will you be visiting? I'm in the Atlanta area and would be willing to have it shipped to my house and then dropping off to your hotel if it's not too far out of the way.

Tim
                  -B&W: 803S, HTM4S, M-1
                  -Proceed: CDD, PDP, PRE, AMP-2, AMP-3
                  -Rotel: RSP-1069
                  -Sony: PS3, KDF-E42A10

Office system:
                  -Arcam DV-89, AVR100
                  -B&W LM-1, AS-1

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"