X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jam200
    • Jan 2009

Just Received My Rotel RSP-1582 HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 Upgrade

Greetings everyone:

I just received my Rotel RSP-1582 with the upgrade to HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2. The cost was $300.00. If I had opted for just the HDMI 2.0 upgrade with HDCP 2.2, the cost would have been $0.00. Return shipping is included with both options. The HDMI 2.0a upgrade provides High Dynamic Range. I've only had the opportunity to unpack the processor. Will take some time to reinstall it. Once I have done so, I will give a short review.

Let me know if you have any questions.
  • jam200
    • Jan 2009

Picture of upgraded area on rear of RSP-1582

Here's a picture of the upgraded area for my RSP-1582.Click image for larger version

Name:	Rotel RSP-1582 with Upgrade.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	863709
    Last edited by jam200; 05 September 2018, 23:07 Wednesday. Reason: Add picture

Comment

• RoMan
      • Jan 2007

Hi jam200,
      Congrats on your upgrade to 2.0a. I understand that HDMI 2.0b is the current version. Not sure exactly what is on that version but in your opinion is 2.0a enough for most users right now?

Secondly, do you use the PC-USB input? If so, the Wolfson DACS are the same used in the RDD 1580 DAC correct? How does it sound using this input? Thanks jam200.

RoMan.
      Last edited by RoMan; 10 September 2018, 20:23 Monday. Reason: added info./deleted info.

Comment

• jam200
        • Jan 2009

Am in the process of setting up the system again. We just moved and am deciding on where to put the tv and speakers. Have to take down a wood burning stove and then I should be all set. Should have some answers next week. As you know, work often gets in the way. 8)

Comment

• RoMan
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by jam200
          Am in the process of setting up the system again. We just moved and am deciding on where to put the tv and speakers. Have to take down a wood burning stove and then I should be all set. Should have some answers next week. As you know, work often gets in the way. 8)
          It is a labour of love I'm sure. :-)

RoMan

Comment

• jam200
            • Jan 2009

Work is still in the way.

Hope to remove the wood burning stove this weekend and setup the unit. Looking forward to hearing the sounds come alive through music and video.

Comment

• RoMan
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by jam200
              Work is still in the way.

Hope to remove the wood burning stove this weekend and setup the unit. Looking forward to hearing the sounds come alive through music and video.
              Awesome jam200. That will be one exciting day to get your system running again and listening to the sweet sounds only a Rotel can do.

RoMan.

Comment

• jam200
                • Jan 2009

Sweet, sweet music. A beautiful sound. All is good.

Comment

• Mikez
                  • Aug 2018

Hi Jam I just purchased a refurbished Rotel RSP 1582 the back of my pre-amp shows the 4K HDCP 2.2 likes yours. My question is how do I tell if it's 2.0 or 2.0a?
                  thanks,
                  Mike

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"