X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HoustonRider
    • Apr 2016

New Rotel RSP1582 is possessed apparently

Hi all, new to this forum

I recently (NOV 2015) purchased a Furman Elite 15pfi, the new Rotel RSP-1582, RMB1585 and RB1582mk2 for my dedicated HT room.

it's all been working fine for a few weeks and now when I turn on a ceiling fan (same room) I get a very loud pop/clip from just the rear speakers powered by the 5 ch amp. (Fronts are powered by the 1582)

All of these components plus my OPPO BD103, Sony XBR810 and powered sub are all plugged into this unit.

I thought the Furman would eliminate this. I pulled the plug from the 5ch amp and ran it to another plug and a Monster 2600, the problem is still there

FAST FORWARD to APRIL 5 (Force Awakens released)

I haven't turned on this unit (or opened the door to the media room ) since the holidays I don't think and got all excited to watch Star Wars.

Turned on the processor, both amps, the oppo, the tv and let it do its thing. Did the bluray setup and ready to push play, and couldn't raise the volume.

Tried to with the knob, wouldn't respond. Wouldn't turn off, wouldn't respond to commands. On the remote, or directly on the unit. Did a hard reboot and then the screen flashed white/black, the standby blue light did the same.

On screen it displayed the ROTEL logo, but just continued to flash. I rebooted several times with futile results.

So I pull the RSP-1582 from the room and light up the rest of the system, both amps and everything else still powering up, and now my popping/hum is also gone.

Speakers are still wired to the amps, I'm about 90% sure it was this new Rotel processor the whole time.

Now I have to wait to see what Rotel says about repairs, my local dealer is reaching out to them. Anyone else see this?
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

first of all, welcome to the HTGuide forum, HustonRider!

sorry to hear of your troubles.
    please keep us posted with updates as you get this issue resolved.

is your RSP-1582 being taken care of under warranty?
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• HoustonRider
      • Apr 2016

Thanks for the welcome!

I believe so, been a few days since the dealer reached out to Rotel, apparently "what to do next" is what they are waiting on. I think its gonna get boxed up, shipped out and Ill be down for 30-60 days.

Originally posted by wkhanna
      first of all, welcome to the HTGuide forum, HustonRider!

sorry to hear of your troubles.
      please keep us posted with updates as you get this issue resolved.

is your RSP-1582 being taken care of under warranty?

Comment

• Patrick Butler
        • Jan 2014

Hi HoustonRider,

As we discussed last week, you'll have your problem taken care of in less than 30-60 days!

Regards,

Patrick Butler
        B&W Group North America

Originally posted by HoustonRider
        Thanks for the welcome!

I believe so, been a few days since the dealer reached out to Rotel, apparently "what to do next" is what they are waiting on. I think its gonna get boxed up, shipped out and Ill be down for 30-60 days.

Comment

• HoustonRider
          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Patrick Butler
          Hi HoustonRider,

As we discussed last week, you'll have your problem taken care of in less than 30-60 days!

Regards,

Patrick Butler
          B&W Group North America
          Good talking with you, sounds like the dealer ordered one for a swap. Thanks again for the assist!

Comment

• HoustonRider
            • Apr 2016

UPDATE: Patrick at Rotel and my dealer were good enough to swap out my RSP1582 with a fresh one, seems to be working perfectly. These are great components.

I had some BJC HDMI and Interlinks made a while back, I think the BJC XLRs are not grounded (the popping noise thru the speakers) and the HDMI crapped out on me "mid-specter" (sorry, Mr Bond) so I got pissed and dropped some coin on some AQ fluff. Mackenzie XLRs, Carbon HDMIs, Rocket 44s (bi wire), new Power cables for both amps, the processor and the Oppo. Oh, and Cryo-treated Hubbell HBL5362 outlets from CableDyne.

I had a moment of impulse, hopefully I do not go further down the rabbit hole.

Thanks again Rotel for helping me out!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"