X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

Rotel at CES 2013

Does anybody know or heard some rumors of new Rotel stuff(RSP1582, RB1592) at CES 2013
  • BWLover
    • Jan 2009

Does ANYONE have any information on Rotel products at CES 2013? Anyone? I can't find any information online
    Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
    Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
    Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
    Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
    Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
    Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
    Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
    Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
    Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
    Playstation 3
    Shaw HD PVR
    Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Nevermind, I think I am reading old stuff
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• wildpanda86
        • Jul 2009

I would think that their new stand alone DAC and RB-1592 amp as those are sold elsewhere except North America....

Comment

• Mikael
          • Aug 2007

They are not sold in Europe either.

Comment

• Mark_C.
            • Jan 2003

Hell, is Rotel even in business anymore? I mean in my area, one of the largest hi-end HT shops, a long-time Rotel dealer, seems to have dropped the line. One of the salesmen told me a few months back they would sell only Rotel audio gear and that any AV gear would have to be specially ordered. But I saw very few Rotel items on their huge display floor. This is a dealer that is still a major player in B&W sales. And since the start of the great recession, about three or four other Rotel dealers in the area have disappeared.

Comment

• wildpanda86
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Mark_C.
              Hell, is Rotel even in business anymore? I mean in my area, one of the largest hi-end HT shops, a long-time Rotel dealer, seems to have dropped the line. One of the salesmen told me a few months back they would sell only Rotel audio gear and that any AV gear would have to be specially ordered. But I saw very few Rotel items on their huge display floor. This is a dealer that is still a major player in B&W sales. And since the start of the great recession, about three or four other Rotel dealers in the area have disappeared.
              For as long as I remember, my local Rotel retailer never stocked large amounts of Rotel equipment however it only takes a matter of several days to get things ordered and delivered.

Comment

• Mark_C.
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by wildpanda86
                For as long as I remember, my local Rotel retailer never stocked large amounts of Rotel equipment however it only takes a matter of several days to get things ordered and delivered.
                Understood. But the dealer I'm describing always had (and still has in general) a great deal of stock on hand. It's a large high-end dealer serving Silicon Valley (all those rich Apple and Google employees). The fact that they don't even display Rotel AV gear anymore is, to me, a key indication that Rotel seems to be getting shoved aside. Even this forum seems to be dwindling.

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

In my opinion I think AV separates are starting to shrink in demand because high end AV receivers are getting closer in performance. Rotel was probably one of the biggest distributor of AV Processors so they'd likely take the biggest hit. There are still some announced once in a while but it seems to have slowed down a lot. Or maybe it's just the high prices of them? Emotiva still seems to do OK on them I guess, but you look at Denon/Marantz and the 4520ci is 2500, but to get almost the same processor without the amps and some upgrades it's almost 4grand or something? I'm not saying they aren't an improvement in sound, just saying the gap between performance is starting to get smaller and I think it's starting to make people look more at AVR's for processing needs.

Comment

• madmac
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2010

You do have somewhat of a point there. You have to go to a high end shop for separates now. Good, high end separates should technically outperform AVR's though.
                    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Hdale85
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

Like I said they likely do sound a bit better, but I think the gap is closing as technology advances.

Comment

• Dmantis
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Hdale85
                        Like I said they likely do sound a bit better, but I think the gap is closing as technology advances.
                        I agree with this and your last statement. I for one was gonna go back to separates as years ago I made the switch back to a AVR in the Pioneer Elite SC-07 from a Rotel RSP1068 / RMB1095. I was gonna go with a Integra DHC80.3 and maybe a new Rotel RMB1575 but after demoing the Pioneer Elite SC-68 , my choice was made. Not to mention the SC-68 has a built in USB 32 bit 192k Asynchronous DAC. I just got deeper into DAC's and computer music.

Comment

• madmac
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2010

I suppose you would have to have great ears and some high end speakers to hear the difference however........One thing that has bothered me about AVR's is their FM tuners. Integrated tuners in AVR's are typically mediocre.......
                          Dan Madden :T

Comment

• chanlon
                            • Sep 2003

I left Rotel recently after 15 years of their products. I went with a Yamaha 3010 for HT duties vs my 1570 and Rotel 1077 combo. I have not looked backed.
                            The Yamaha sounds great and more importantly JUST WORKS. Rotel and HDMI - errrr :-)

Comment

• boffo
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by chanlon
                              I left Rotel recently after 15 years of their products. I went with a Yamaha 3010 for HT duties vs my 1570 and Rotel 1077 combo. I have not looked backed.
                              The Yamaha sounds great and more importantly JUST WORKS. Rotel and HDMI - errrr :-)

It isn't just Rotel that has HDMI issues, in my experience. In fact, right now I'm running the video directly from my Oppo BDP-105 to the Epson 6020UB projector - using only the analogue audio outputs from the Oppo to the Rotel RSP-1572 (there's no HDMI going to or from the Rotel at all) - and have still been bedeviled by handshaking issues. Damn HDCP, IMNHO.

cheers
                              Jim

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"