X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 32Deus
    • Dec 2015

Looking For RD-2200 Cassette Player

Hi have been hiding in the background on this forum for what seems forever and have finally stuck my head out! Looking to replace my RD-2200 Player that some lowlife stole whilst my wife and I were away on holidays. Have been able to replace the amp (RB 5000) the Linn turntable (no Grace arm or Cartridge) the RC-2000 Tuner and the RE 2000 Equalizer but have not been able to get a 2200 Deck world wide. Tried all the normal avenues - Ebay etc.
    Boy did I have a fight on my hands with the insurers who wanted to give me some new junk to replace the stolen items, the loss adjuster would not believe the prices for almost 40 year old items let alone the Linn Sondek turntable and arm (asked why not use a CD player instead). Anyone who has a RD 2200 and wishes to part with it I can offer a good home and equally a good price for it (condition can be working but needs help or in tip top condition (preferred) but not essential but must have Rack handles still). Location anywhere as long as goods can be shipped from there to Australia. I can be contacted through this Forum. Start the year off by helping me smile: :cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

You have to post a picture of your setup (pre or post theft). Gorgeous vintage stuff I would love to see together!

Kevin D.

Comment

• 32Deus
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Kevin D
      You have to post a picture of your setup (pre or post theft). Gorgeous vintage stuff I would love to see together!

Kevin D.
      Just waiting on QBE (that's the incompetent insurers) to finalise our claim and I can post some pics. Just received the rack and I am still waiting on the Amp from the UK to arrive. Have fitted a RA 2040 Integrated Amp for the time being till it arrives but it needs a bit of help. I thought I would never get the RB 5000 and then it appeared for sale in the UK. Picked up the RA 2040 locally as I needed music (its a drug) without it its pretty quiet around the house. If they had stolen the LP's I honestly don't know what I would have done. It all comes out of a pair of Linn Sondek Helix speakers. So here's hoping I will get the Cassette deck soon, it been like a sad journey with what seemed like no end in sight.

Comment

• wkhanna
        Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by 32Deus
        let alone the Linn Sondek turntable and arm .......
        omg!

that is still one of best TT's ever made.
        you have my deepest sympathies.
        _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
        ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"