X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whmacs
    • Oct 2003

Sound quality of RSP-1572 vs RSP-1098?

Hi Guys,
    My RSP-1098 + (RMB-1075 + RB-1070 power amps) are still going after 11 years. I am starting to look around for a replacement for the RSP-1098. The logical choice would be the RSP-1572. For anyone who has done this upgrade would anyone care to comment on the sound quality of these two units. I would be more than happy if the RSP-1572 at least matched the sound quality of the RSP-1098 i.e. does the RSP-1572 have that Rotel 'sound' (clear, neutral sounding).

If I'm really lucky maybe something new will be announced at CES this year.

Regards and thanks,
    Stephen
    Last edited by wkhanna; 06 January 2015, 21:33 Tuesday. Reason: Sorry, title sound be RSP-1572
    My Home Theatre
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

No direct experiance.....

But here is what Kal had to say:

Link
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• whmacs
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by wkhanna
      No direct experiance.....

But here is what Kal had to say:

Link
      Hi Wkhanna,
      Thanks for this link, greatly appreciated.

Regards,
      Stephen
      My Home Theatre

Comment

• eelco74
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by whmacs
        Hi Wkhanna,
        Thanks for this link, greatly appreciated.

Regards,
        Stephen
        Vergleich aktueller Surroundvorstufen von Marantz, Cinemike, Krell, Bryston, NAD, Integra (Onkyo), Rotel und Audiolab. Heimkino-Infos/News, Komplett-Heimkino...

Sorry for the german, but it seems that sound wise the RSP-1572 is a bit better than the Marantz AV8801. But then (at least in Europe) the Rotel is about 1/2 the price. Bryston and Krell also do a better job but at astronomical prices.

So it seems the 1572 (currently 1600 Euro in EU) is a real bargain and a sonic gem. If you can live with the ancient GUI and no Dolby Atmos or auto room correction.
        Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
        Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
        Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Audio_ElF
          • Oct 2007

There's details of the RSP-1582 posted http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...42443-Ces-2015 which appears like its a step up from RSP-1572.

Comment

• whmacs
            • Oct 2003

Thanks Guys,
            Based on the comments in regards to the RSP-1582, I've pretty well made my mind up to grab one of them when they become available. I can't install ATMOS and auto room correction isn't a big deal to me (I use a meter and have an SMS-1 for sub calibration), so the RSP-1582 is looking quite appealing

Regards,
            Stephen
            My Home Theatre

Comment

• JDH
              • Sep 2004

Being Australia we probably won't see it until the end of the year. Ie. About a 6 month lag like we had with the RSP-1572 when it came out.

JDH
              Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• whmacs
                • Oct 2003

Hi JDH,
                I asked the question on Rotel Australia's Facebook page. They said that it was definitely coming to Australia, but could not tell me a release date.

Regards,
                Stephen
                My Home Theatre

Comment

• JDH
                  • Sep 2004

If its like previous RSP releases there is usually a Lag in release in Australia vs say the USA. I know with the RSP-1572 it was atleast 6 months after the release in the USA. Who knows this time round though, guess it comes down to demand and clearing out the old model first. I think the RSP-1582 will be available towards the last half of this year.

JDH
                  Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"