X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BilGe
    • Apr 2007

RSP-1068 - How to clear user password

Hello everyone -

My old RSP-1068 took a power surge that knocked out some of the DACs (see previous thread on this topic). Rather than pay many hundreds plus downtime for repair, I bought a replacement for $200 on eBay. The replacement looks good and everything works ...

Except I cannot save my settings in the user default. Every time I do, it asks for a password. I did a factory reset and upgraded the firmware, but that password is still stuck.

I contacted the seller, but it turns out they are just a consignment shop. They said they would ask the person they got it from. I strongly suspect no valid password will be forthcoming.

Is there a way to forcibly clear the old password?

Thanks - Bill Gee
    Last edited by BilGe; 23 August 2014, 11:07 Saturday. Reason: Typo
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Did you try the default 0000 password? That may only be on the 15 series though.

Kevin D.

Comment

• BilGe
      • Apr 2007

Hi Kevin -

I did not have any idea what the default password might be. As it turns out, "0000" works! I am amazed ...

The owner's manual says nothing about a user password. It must be a feature they added during some firmware revision. On my old RSP-1068, when I upgraded from 1.1.7 to version 1.3.1 it did not set a password. The new unit came with 1.2.1. Judging by serial numbers, the eBay unit is quite a bit newer than my old one. Perhaps it came from the factory with 1.2.1 and a preset password.

Thanks - Bill Gee

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"