X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parrot Head
    • Apr 2003

1066 Default Setting

I need to ask what may be a dumb question about the 1066’s Default Setup. I’ve been adjusting the rear channel settings via the remote to approx. +7dB. I find this (although it may be a bit exaggerated) improves the surround experience when listening to basic cable.

My problem is; When I attempt to set this as my User Default for that input (by setting the Default Set option to Yes and pressing Enter on the remote) my settings are never retained as the 1066 always seems to revert to the factory setting of 0db.

According to Rotel’s FAQs: “The User Default option allows customization of the processor to reset to a specific setting whenever a User Default is performed. This is done by calibrating the processor to the desired settings, then on the DEFAULT SETUP menu changing the USER DEFAULT SET option to YES and pressing the Enter key on the remote. The screen will change back to the Main Menu, and the current settings will be retained as a User Default. Please be aware that after setting the User Defaults, if at any time a Factory Default is performed the User Default settings will be erased.”

I seem to be doing something wrong. What did I miss?

Thanks in advance.
    :banghead:
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

If when you say you are using your remote to change the surround levels, you mean you hit the surround button and then + or -, then I see your problem.

The + and - keys are 'temporary' changes that will be forgotten when the input is changed or the unit powers off.

In order for your +7 change to stay in effect you need to change it in the menu under the test tone section. There is unfortunately no way to specify different levels per input.

I would really suggest using a SPL meter to set all the speaker levels. Your center may be to high leading you to turn the rears up because "everything sounds like it's in the front.." If cable does sound better +7 over where it should be, you might want to stick it at +3 higher and just click the + a few times when you need it on cable, and click the - a few times when it's overpowering on movies..

Good luck!

Kevin D.

Comment

• Parrot Head
      • Apr 2003

Thank You! I was thrown off by the “Set” terminology on the menu. I assumed “Set” would, well, set it for future use. It was a very minor issue, but it was bugging me because I couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong! Excellent idea on the SPL. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"