Clear All
  • Patrick Butler
    • Jan 2014

Absolute Sound review of RCD-1570/RC-1570/RB-1552MKII

Something for your reading pleasure!

• T-Rice
    • Mar 2014

Break in period

Hi Patrick, i purchased the new 200w amp, preamp and CD player last week! It looks great!!
    Wondering....could advise how long of break in period I should expect for the power amp? The sound isn't the best straight out of the box but is gradually getting better...any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
    T-Rice

Comment

• Patrick Butler
      • Jan 2014

Hi T-Rice,

Good question, and I don't have a definitive answer for you. When I listen to a new amplifier, it is normally for no longer than 30 minutes initially, with all other equipment fully run in. Then I'll leave the system on repeat for about a week. During that period I'll check in every couple of days to hear how things are progressing (or not.) You'll hear the biggest changes in the first 48 hours. The top end will mellow out and integrate better with a more fleshed out midrange. Bass keeps it's power, but adds greater definition and in general sounds more supple. What you'll hear will in part depend on what you are paying attention to, so your results may vary.

I'd like to hear feedback on your experiences if you wouldn't mind.

Regards,

Patrick
      B&W Group North America

Originally posted by T-Rice
      Hi Patrick, i purchased the new 200w amp, preamp and CD player last week! It looks great!!
      Wondering....could advise how long of break in period I should expect for the power amp? The sound isn't the best straight out of the box but is gradually getting better...any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
      T-Rice

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"