X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimbaLand
    • Aug 2013

RSP1572 Audio return channel

Hi guys

is there anyone using ARC on their processor. I have activated hdmi control but its still not returning audio from tv any suggestions
  • TimbaLand
    • Aug 2013

Maybe let me explain this further and hope someone will respond. I have connected TV and processor through the ARC HDMI input and output. I have set hdmi on on the processor and anynet function on the tv. When I play content from the tv SMART hub there's no sound coming out of my system though the volume shows the tv is controlling the processor. Is there something wrong with my processor or is there a step I'm missing

Comment

• windshear
      • Dec 2004

I think it may be dependant on your source material, ie the sound format. What are you playing back and what is it supposed to be outputting in terms of audio? What does it say on your processor front screen about the audio?

Comment

• TimbaLand
        • Aug 2013

So far I have been trying to play Youtube and I think the sound format is stereo. The front processor screen shows ARC but there's no sound at all. I even changed the HDMI cable but still the same.

Comment

• windshear
          • Dec 2004

I suspect its the tv smart hub. Surf the net if it is able to output audio over hdmi. Just out of curiosity how have you connected the devices, which output goes to which input on what device.

Comment

• TimbaLand
            • Aug 2013

I think it is too. It connects to the processor and looses connection immediately. It does that with my bluray player so that makes the tv a suspect. I'm away now and I'll try it when I come back.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"