Please help. Where did my on screen display go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • texxas guy
    • Apr 2005

Please help. Where did my on screen display go?

I have a rsp-1066. It is hooked up to a Panasonic projector via the s-video monitor out. I recently lost all my settings on my processor after a power outage, and when I went to bring up the OSD, it wasn't there. I don't know if this had anything to do with it or not, since I had not used the on screen menu in quite some time. i tried hooking it up to another old sony tv i have, but no go there too.
    Am I doing something stupid or how do I trouble shoot the problem?
    Thanks in advance for ur help.
    Larry
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Hummm....test the cable....make sure it's properly connected and that your monitor input is set to display it. Make sure you hit 'menu' on the Rotel remote to activate the menu to display it on the TV....
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• srb
      • Oct 2004

The Device Input button "AUD" on the remote must first be pressed and the remote's display should show "AUD" (or whatever you may have renamed it to) before it will respond to the OSD Menu button.

Pressing the OSD Menu button should then toggle the "OSD" indicator on the Rotel's front panel display just above the speaker indicators on the right side.

Steve
      Last edited by srb; 19 August 2012, 07:40 Sunday.

Comment

• chanlon
        • Sep 2003

I believe you have to use the composite output to config that model if my memory serves me correctly. Then go from there.

Comment

• srb
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by chanlon
          I believe you have to use the composite output to config that model if my memory serves me correctly. Then go from there.
          Either Composite or S-Video can be used for setup.

From page 18 of the RSP-1066 Owner's Manual:

System Set-Up: System setup should be done
          while using a Composite video or S-Video cable
          connecting the RSP-1066 TV MONITOR outputs
          to the video inputs of the TV or projector.
          Select OSD ( ON-SCREEN MENU) from
          the RR-969 remote control to complete system
          setup.

Steve

Comment

• texxas guy
            • Apr 2005

Yes, the remote is in the AUD mode and does display that on the remote screen. The OSD symbol even comes up on the front display on the processor, just not on the screen.
            Haven't tested the cable yet, guess I could try composite or see if i have another s video cable stashed around somewhere.
            Thanks for the replies so far, I'll let you know how switching the cable works.

Comment

• texxas guy
              • Apr 2005

Well, looks like it was the s-video cable. Ran it thru a composite cable,and
              there it is. Thanks for the suggestions and letting me think out loud. :T

Comment

• wkhanna
                Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

I have an RSP-1066 and every once in a while the S-Vid cable works loose from me tinkering around with my equipment. My cable is V heavy & stiff & and can become dislodged if bumped or when I move equipment. They just don't seem to lock in V tightly. I don't think many people use them these days, but I need mine in order to feed the OSD to my Plasma.

Any who, glad you got your issue resolved. :T
                _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"