X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tipex
    • Jan 2005

Rotel rsp-1068 menu no longer working

Hi,

on thursday I got my Rotel rsp-1068 and rmb-1095, I hooked everything up, made some quick changes using the osd/menu and enjoyed my new components. Yesterday I placed everything in my audio rack did some further tweaking and listened some more. Today I wanted to play some more with the menu but for some resaon it ain't showing. I made sure 'aud' was active and that all the connections where made but pressing menu/osd doesn't do anything. I hear a relay clicking inside when I press the button so I guess it's trying to switch to video or something but nothing is displayed what so ever.

I'm not using any video in or outputs besides the monitor output. I tried s-video and composite monitor out but no luck.

I tried unhooking it for 30 seconds to reset it but that didn't do much either.

Any else has a good idea? I would hate to bring it back so soon allready.

Hans
  • Frustrated
    • Jan 2005

You probably to update the software version on your unit. It's a very common problem with Classe and Rotel. Go to the web-site or contact Rotel directly.

PS: I hope you have a serial cable handy.

Comment

• soundhound
      • Mar 2004

Also depending upon the type of connection you are using, and after removing power it may be set to progressive which will not allow you to see it. You should be able to fire it up, select cd input on remote, then try menu and see what you get. I have been experimenting trying to get my dvdr to record various sources and discovered I could disable the menu, depending on video type, but can allways access it with the cd input selected, as this must run 480i only. I am a little confused by the way the manual reads and what I see, but hey, no pain, no gain......

Comment

• tipex
        • Jan 2005

Thanx for the input guys.

@Frustrated: I checked the software version and it said 1.1.7, that should be the latest version, that's the version that is posted on the rotel website.

@soundhound: I just tried your trick but it didn't seem to help, I changed it to "cd" pressed "aud" and tried to access the menu again but nothing. I then tried every other input but no luck

Is there a way to reset the 1068? It says in the manual to disconnect the power for 30 seconds but that didn't seem to reset anything.

Comment

• metallo
          • Sep 2004

You could try to only connect monitor out to 1068, as you self said, it worked when you tried it the first time... have you made anything different when you put it in your rack? changed cables, changed display device for osd... anything?

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by tipex
            Thanx for the input guys.
            Is there a way to reset the 1068? It says in the manual to disconnect the power for 30 seconds but that didn't seem to reset anything.
            Yes, but it requires the OSD to get to it..

You could try this:

Menu
            Enter
            Up
            enter
            Right
            Enter

That should be a factory reset. There might be a 'confirmation prompt', but I don't remember. I'm not about to default mine to find out for you..

The 1068 should power off and back on if it works. You might have to hit enter twice at the end, or add a right & enter.. Can't hurt to try it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• USBeauty
              • Jan 2005

This happened to me the second day on my 1068. I kept pressing aud then menu until after about 10 tries, the OSD came back on.

Bruce
              Friends don't let friends listen to compressed music.

Comment

• tipex
                • Jan 2005

@Kevin D: Okay I managed to reset it using (Menu, Enter, Up, enter, Right, Enter) but still nothing So now it's basically useless since all my settings are lost

@metallo: Monitor out is the only connection I've used on the 1068. I'm pretty sure I used the menu after placing it in the rack. It stopped working overnight so it seems.

Comment

• Frustrated
                  • Jan 2005

You might have a damaged crystal or an open resistor. Your only solution now is to bring it to your dealer. I hope it is still under warranty.

Comment

• tipex
                    • Jan 2005

@USBeauty: Just tried it a million times and no luck

@Frustrated: It's still under warrenty I got it brand new last thursday

I'll contact my dealer on tuesday there closed on mondays.

Comment

• ajpoe
                      • Jul 2004

My first 1068 was bad. The OSD was the first thing to go. The composite monitor out died on me so I had to switch it to S-Video so I could see the OSD until I could take it back to my dealer. Shortly there after my 12v trigger melted... the dealer said that it was probably a bad power supply. My 2nd 1068 has worked wonderfully and I couldn't be more happy!

ajpoe
                      AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• tipex
                        • Jan 2005

@ajpoe That sounds kind of similar to my problems....

Just called the dealer who directed me to the importer, they said that they didn't recognise the problem but that it was me doing something wrong (figures). Anyway they advised me to take it back to the dealer which I will next saterday as my car is broken as well atm :B

Comment

• USBeauty
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by tipex
                          Anyway they advised me to take it back to the dealer which I will next saterday as my car is broken as well atm :B
                          I would unplug the car and plug it back in again while hitting [menu] and see if that resolves it. :wink:

Comment

• tipex
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by USBeauty
                            I would unplug the car and plug it back in again while hitting [menu] and see if that resolves it. :wink:
                            Ghehehe that might even work, that excesive amount of water in my car (private swimmingpool) might be causing problems

Comment

• tipex
                              • Jan 2005

Turned in my 1068 yesterday. Should hear about it next week wednesday according to the dealer. If it's a big problem with the 1068 it should be replaced if it's a small problem it will be replaced. Hope to have it back soon.

Comment

• tipex
                                • Jan 2005

Well a small update of my troublesome 1068. I turned it in on january 29th and was told to get an update on wednesday because new broken down rotels got high priority apperently. So I waited to thursday and heard nothing and called myself. Nothing yet, had to wait a few days more. A week later still nothing so I guess I have to call some more tomorrow. I don't mind waiting but don't tell it getting high priority when it's not. I'd rather hear I have to wait three week to get an update then to be disappointed. But well we'll see what happens.

Comment

• tipex
                                  • Jan 2005

I called the dealer today to hear what the status of the rotel was. He called rotel up and they we're working on it apperantly. They found the same problem as I did, no video output. So hopefully it gets fixed soon, I want it back

Comment

• tipex
                                    • Jan 2005

Just recieved a phonecall from the dealer that had my 1068 back from rotel. The power supply of the video output was broken and is replaced.

Comment

• soundhound
                                      • Mar 2004

Cool, now you can hook it up, and let the Enjoyment begin........

Comment

• USBeauty
                                        • Jan 2005

That seems like quick turnaround service.. about two weeks?

Bruce

Comment

• tipex
                                          • Jan 2005

It was gome for exact three weeks. It was a good thing I called though as the hadn't looked at it before that. When the dealer called rotel they had a look at it right away and was back at the dealer the next day. Finally have it hooked up again and loving every second of it. Hope it lasts longer then 2 days this time

Comment

Working...
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"