X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Denver Jerry
    • Sep 2011

On Screen Display shows EMPTY

I'm trying to get to the On Screen display on the TV. On the remote, RR-1050, I press AUD, then push Menu/OSD --- Menu pops up and says EMPTY. Nothing shows on the TV screen. Yesterday a "technician" got the Menu to display on the TV screen, but was unable to make any changes using the directional keys. I cannot understand the manual. RSX-1056 Help ? :roll: :roll:
  • srb
    • Oct 2004

Hear is my reply to the same question on your "RSX 1056 -unable to change to Dolby" topic:

If you are seeing MENU and then EMPTY on the RR-1050 LCD display, that means there is no code stored for that button press.

When you press the AUD button are you pressing it hard enough to register so that the LCD display says AUD (or whatever custom label might have been user programmed for the AUD input selection button)?

I ask this because on my remote, after some years of wear and tear, it takes a hard press for it to register. If I select TUNER, for example (and the display then says TUNER), when I press the Menu/OSD button, I will get MENU followed by EMPTY, which is normal because there is no preset code for that button when TUNER is selected.

If you are sure that when you press AUD, the LCD shows AUD, and you still get EMPTY for the Menu/OSD button, then you may want to reset the buttons for AUD (and by default also those commands under the V1 input selection) by pressing the recessed Preload button at the bottom of the sliding portion with a ball point pen. You will erase all user programmed and learned commands for the AUD and V1 inputs.

Alternatively, you can use a ball point pen to depress the recessed Clear button, then

1. Press a command button to clear and restore the factory preset for that button

or

2. Press the AUD button for less than one second to clear and restore the factory presets for all buttons under the AUD device.

But I still suspect that when you're pressing the AUD button, it has not registered and changed the remote's focus to AUD (and displaying AUD on the LCD display).

Steve

Comment

• hurin
      • Sep 2009

Buy a Logitech Harmony One.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"