X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charles17
    • Oct 2005

RSX 1056 adjustments

I love home theatre. music etc, but am not very technical, so have had a problem that I can not solve - I am sure it is quite simple, but would appreciate some help from members.

I want to adjust the levels of each of the channels, and looked in the manual how to do it. I tried to put the OSD by pressing the "display" button on the remote, but no luck. I then tried to press the "Aud" button so that the remote was going to activate the amp, and then tried the "Display" button again but to no avail. All that was on the amp screen was "video 1" I have done this adjustment before and need to get the five channels display on screen, so I can adjust the individual levels.

Whilst watching a movie I aslo tried to use the "EQ" button, but nothing seemed to happen. It is as if only a few buttons work.

Thee have also been times that I have wanted to listen to to two channel music and the amp is on 5ch stereo, and when I press the "2ch" button nothing happens, and after trying a few times I get lucky and it changes.

I am starting to wonder if it is the remote or me :cry: and would appreciate help from someone who is way more clued up than me - and there are many on this forum in the category, so thank you in advance
  • DelRay
    • Jun 2004

To access the osd, try using the "menu" button, after the aud button is selected. And when going from 2 channel to 5 or 7 channel make sure the aud button is hit first.

Comment

• charles17
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DelRay
      To access the osd, try using the "menu" button, after the aud button is selected. And when going from 2 channel to 5 or 7 channel make sure the aud button is hit first.
      Thanks, DelRay - just tried that, but nothing. It seems that the power and volume buttons are the only ones that appear to work.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Have you customized the remote any? You may have over written some of the codes. Try doing a factory reload on it to see if that helps.

Kevin D.

Comment

• charles17
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
          Have you customized the remote any? You may have over written some of the codes. Try doing a factory reload on it to see if that helps.

Kevin D.
          Kevin, when it was installed, the installer did programme a few buttons, but I have used it since and the OSD worked fine - that was a few months ago. I have not done any programming that I was aware of. As i said, I am not a tech fundi like many folk on this site.

A factory reload - would my supplier sort that out?

Thanks.

Comment

• stantheman2
            • Apr 2004

I have a 1056 receiver, and in order to access the OSD displays, I have to press the reset button on the remote. I have to do this EVERY TIME I want to access the displays. I assume it is some bug in the remote/receiver, but I like the sound of the 1056 so much I don't want to take it into my dealer and be without it for a week or two!

On the plus side , hitting reset button does NOT reset the custom settings I installed, although it should do so. So, that part of the bug apparently works in my favor.

With the receiver on, try pressing reset, then AUD, then menu. That's how I get the displays.

Comment

• shades
              • Mar 2005

This happened to me just 2 days ago. My problem was my wife was sitting on the remote and somehow changed the pages from the ones i had programed to something totally different. I tried changing the batteries, changing inputs etc... I finally changed the pages and everything was back to normal.

Hope this helps
              B&W, McIntosh, Rotel, PS3, OPPO, Pioneer, Cat Cables, Sound Anchors

Comment

• Paul51
                • Nov 2005

Rsx 1056

Charles;
                I have to ask, are you viewing the osd on your TV. I only view my osd on TV in the imputs section (vidieo 1), hit menu and that should bring up the display of the OSD.I also find that changing from vidieo 1,2,ect and not activating AUD button it will not switch to audio music. The remote has some issues which they need to look at. Sometimes when I want to watch a DVD I have it labled in video4 as DVD it will not switch using my remote, I have to get up and switch it at the reciever. Just a thought.
                Paul

Comment

• charles17
                  • Oct 2005

Some progress

Originally posted by stantheman2
                  I have a 1056 receiver, and in order to access the OSD displays, I have to press the reset button on the remote. I have to do this EVERY TIME I want to access the displays. I assume it is some bug in the remote/receiver, but I like the sound of the 1056 so much I don't want to take it into my dealer and be without it for a week or two!

On the plus side , hitting reset button does NOT reset the custom settings I installed, although it should do so. So, that part of the bug apparently works in my favor.

With the receiver on, try pressing reset, then AUD, then menu. That's how I get the displays.
                  Some progress has been made. Yes, the reset did help a bit in that now I can change to "2ch" when listening to stereo, but still not able to get the OSD working

Thanks for the help though, at least there is progress.

Comment

• charles17
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by shades
                    This happened to me just 2 days ago. My problem was my wife was sitting on the remote and somehow changed the pages from the ones i had programed to something totally different. I tried changing the batteries, changing inputs etc... I finally changed the pages and everything was back to normal.

Hope this helps
                    Thanks Shades - sorry but how do I change the pages??

Comment

• charles17
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Paul51
                      Charles;
                      I have to ask, are you viewing the osd on your TV. I only view my osd on TV in the imputs section (vidieo 1), hit menu and that should bring up the display of the OSD.I also find that changing from vidieo 1,2,ect and not activating AUD button it will not switch to audio music. The remote has some issues which they need to look at. Sometimes when I want to watch a DVD I have it labled in video4 as DVD it will not switch using my remote, I have to get up and switch it at the reciever. Just a thought.
                      Paul
                      Paul, when it was working, yes I did use the OSD via the TV.

I agree there are issues with the remote, and the way things are progressing I think that my dealer is going to need to replace the unit for me, unless someone can solve my problem and that will only happen on this great forum, so thanks for your time.

Comment

• Elvis
                        • Jan 2005

Hook the 1056 video monitor out to known tv input,turn on 1056,press the remote(w/good batteries) AUD button then (M)menu/osd button,if you don't get onscreen there is a unit problem.Try different type of cable to double check.

Comment

• charles17
                          • Oct 2005

It Works!!!!!!!!

Well, I have followed the various instructions given above and when I do the following:

Reset
                          Menu
                          Display (the amp changes from video 1 to radio!!!!) - OSD comes on, but does not work;
                          Enter!

Then all seems to work. :T

I still think that something has gone wrong with the remote somewhere and that there must be a few wires crossed!

Once again, thanks to all the interest and input ;x( . It is great to have this support.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"