RSX-1057 somehow reset to factory settings??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windmiller
    • Sep 2007

RSX-1057 somehow reset to factory settings??

My wife woke me up last night around 10:00pm talking about the receiver is acting weird.

After looking at it, it looks like it might have gone back to the default factory settings!

I am stunned and don't want to think about the time spent setting it up.

A few things to note

-I noticed that the clocks were blinking in the house so some type of outage must have accured.

-The receiver is attached to a 6 month old APC H10 surge protector\power conditioner and I have whole home surge protection.

-My wife did saw she pressed "alot of buttons" so not sure it it could have been made worse by her.... I kind of doubt it but worth mentioning.

Any ideas guys? I really dont want to configure this thing all over again...I have a pretty complicated setup. IS it possible it's in a different

Ideas would be very very welcome as to what could have happened and any way to recover.

Thanks!
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Sorry, no possible way to recover it. If you saved your settings to the user settings menu option it may still be there, but I doubt it.

It's a known issue that can happen with rapid power cycles. The H10 will make sure the power is stable, but can't keep the power there on rapid cycles. A battery backup probably would have saved it.

What software version are you running? There was an update to help fix the issue.

RSX1057_Release_Notes.pdf

The 1058 and above can use a software package from Rotel to save and restore settings to a PC.

Unfortunately, you are probably stuck resetting it up.

Kevin D.

Comment

• windmiller
      • Sep 2007

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. At least I know what probably happened.
      Not sure what firmware I am running but I will certainly upgrade if I can find the cable.

Now I know what I'm doing next weekend.

Do most current pre/pro's have the ability to back up settings?

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

It's always a good idea to write down your settings in case something like this happens. I sent my Rotel in for warranty repair once and did that. I'm glad that I did !!
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Bruinfn4lf
          • Dec 2009

Happened to me twice on my RSP-1570, so I broke down and bought the adapters to connect the processor to my laptop. Downloaded the software from the Rotel website to save the settings to my laptop. Since I did this it hasn't happened again. But I did use the cable and adapter to update the firmware when I purchased a blu-ray and started using the HDMI connections.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"