X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottnv
    • Jun 2003

Rotel 1066 BM and sub settings??

I have a couple of questions for the group out there:

I notice the RSP-1066 seems to have two subwoofer settings - you can adjust the sub setting in the test tone screen and also you can adjust it in the subwoofer setting screen. Are these two screens interactive - if you adjust the sub level in the test tone screen are you also readjusting it in the subwoofer screen?? Or does the subwoofer value setup screen override the test tone screen?

I also have the RDV-1080 that has BM settings in the setup screens. In terms of the delay settings - the RSP-1066 says that you add delay to the speakers closer to you (my center is 10 feet away, the back surrounds are 5 feet away from my listening area, so I have the surrounds set at a 5ms delay) The delay for the RDV-1080 seems opposite - the delay settings are negative values (can't do positive values), so how can I set the delay to compensate for the surrounds being 5 feet closer than the fronts??

Please help - It seems awfully confusing to me!!
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Scott,

The test tone menu is to callibrate (balance) the sound output from the listening position using a sound level meter such as those sold at Radio Shack. The subwoofer setup menu has two purposes. One, it allows you to select the subwoofer crossover frequency. Two, and I think this is what you're asking about, it allows you to customize specific sub outputs for different modes. For instance, I prefer (actually love) to hear bass slam when listening to DD or DTS, so I have it set higher on this screen than, for instance, stereo. To a large extent, I view it is individualizing the bass to one's particular taste. So, the test tone level sets the general sub level and the subwoofer setup screen customizes that level, in + or - decibels in different modes to suit your taste.

As far as the second question regarding the delay settings, I don't own the RDV-1080, so I'm hoping someone who does can help you out in that regard.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"