X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

RSP 1068 vs. 1570

hello all,

i'm really thinking about upgrading my processor from the 1068 to the 1570. currenly getting the hd surround formats via 6-channel inputs from an oppo bdp-83 bluray player. is there a $1500 sound difference between the units. has anyone done an a/b testing of the units. i'm 80% movies 19% music.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • chanlon
    • Sep 2003

I've done an A/B comparison and own the 1068/1069 and 1570.

I currently use the 1570 in my main room with an Oppo BDP-95 connected via analog. Its not worth the HDMI quirkiness to upgrade for HDMI processing capabilities IMO. The HDMI limitations with this unit are well document in this forum if you do a search.

That said, there is a noticeable difference between the 1570 and 1068 analog sound quality to my ears. Its a much cleaner, lower noise preamp. I can hear ZERO difference between the 1069/1570. As a matter of fact, I believe the 1570 is the 1069 with a different front and newer HDMI board.

If it was my $$$, I would look for a used 1069 and connect via the multi-analog inputs. Then go direct to the monitor with HDMI.

Comment

• PSUfan
      • May 2004

June, I couldn't agree more with what chanlon had to say about it. I actually upgraded from the 1068 to the 1570. 3 months later I downgraded back to the 1068. I think that sums it up

Comment

• june
        • Feb 2005

thanks all,

newer is necessarly better. i really do love my system. but i keep thinking the audio for the hdmi may sound better when using the hd surround sound formats. i'll save my $$ and get more bluray films.
        June
        "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"