X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marc_sussman
    • May 2009

Surround Processor choices Rotel 1069 v 1570

I am upgrading from a Rotel 1068 surround processor to a newer Rotel processor. I need to decide between the Rotel 1069, currently available at closeout prices, or the latest Rotel surround processor 1570 which will cost me $700 more.
    The Blue Ray player I have on order is made by Oppo and it decodes Dolby True HD and DTS HD and sends the signal via the HDMI 1.3 cable or through the 7.1 channel analog outputs. I assume that the Rotel 1069 HDMI 1.1 inputs won't accept the Dolby True HD signal but the analog inputs will accept them. I am not sure if there are new video or audio formats that are coming out that will require HDMI 1.3 or you are out of luck.
    So my question is this- what am I getting in the Rotel 1570 that I don't get in the Rotel 1069 that justifies my spending the extra $700? This will be my last processor purchase for the next 10 years, so if there is a compelling reason to go with the 1570, I will spend the extra money.
    Also, I have the Rotel 1075 amp & the Rotel 1069 cosmetically is a better match.
    I appreciate your help!
  • kmcheng
    • Jan 2008

For 1570:
    1) If "Deep Color" ever picks up steam in the next few years then you will miss out by going with 1069.
    2) The new silver casing looks more modern, and you may want to upgrade your 1075 later. Of course, this is all a matter of personal tastes.
    3) It is the newest and the shiniest from Rotel yet.

For 1069:
    1) It is $700 cheaper.
    2) You can actually pass the Dolby TrueHD, etc. via HDMI 1.1. Your Oppo decodes those tracks and pass them on to Rotel 1069 as PCM, which only requires HDMI 1.1. In other words, you are not losing any functionality here.
    3) It matches the look of your 1075.

Comment

• Opus007
      • Nov 2007

I just acquired the 1069 and find it a vast upgrade from what I have.With the 15 series you have all the codecs for bit streaming hd audio.With the 1069 you have to feed it pcm and you still get the hd audio.I got the 1069 to match my 1075 as you are thinking of doing.I prefer the 10 series over the 15 mainly due to cosmetics and like the 10 series look better.Only my personal opinion but I feel the 15 series look cheap.I have auditioned the 15 series pre and it did sound very nice,I am getting a deal on the 1069 so it is a no brainer for me

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

The 1069 is a great value processor, maybe the best you can get today. Honestly if you can find a matching amp dollar for dollar its a steel.

Personal, I dont believe we will ever see Deep Color, and if we do its going to be a long long time...BD will be dead by then,

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"