X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blues
    • Feb 2011

RSX 1065 & Turntables

Greetings!

Has anyone had any success, or tried to use a turntable with the 1065? The unit does not have any Phono connections, so I tried hooking into the Tape inputs(as they are analog), but barely get any sound coming out of the speakers with vol turned way up. Using a Gemini XL-500 II turntable with quality interconnects. Shouldn't this work, or am I out in left field on this one?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Blues
  • wildpanda86
    • Jul 2009

Need a phono pre amp... I've got a Pro-Ject RM 5.1 SE hooked to a Pro-ject phono box and speed box into the tape inputs of an RSX -1550... Sounds much better than the CD's I have... Check out the gallery to see what my setup looks like.

You can look on needledoctor.com for a pre amp, I think they have an audio technic a for $45 ish

Comment

• Blues
      • Feb 2011

Ahh, ok. Thanks for the info and quick reply!

Comment

• Glen B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jul 2004

As you've discovered, you can't just hook a turntable up to a high level input and expect proper playback of vinyl. The tiny signal of only a few millivolts from the phono cartridge, requires additional signal gain that only an internal phono stage or external phono preamp provides. The phono stage/phono preamp also has "RIAA equalization" compensation that is necessary for proper playback.

Read about RIAA EQ here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIAA_equalization

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"