X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glenn
    • Jun 2003

RSX-1065 vs. RSX-1055

Does anyone know, aside from the power difference, if the internals and layout of these two receivers are basically the same, or is the RSX-1065 actually a step up, quality and parts wise? I'm trying to determine the real difference between these two products.

The RSX-1055 is actually a newer product, correct?

I realize I'm asking my fair share of questions, but I'm learning Thanks!
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Glenn,

If it was my call, I'd get the 1055 and add on a power amp. As Andrew stated earlier, you'd add a lot of flexibility to your system and, although there are differences in the specs between the two, they are marginal.

I'm not familiar with the 1065, but, if you chose this route, I'd make sure it was firmware upgradable and had multi-channel imputs for applications such as SACD and DVD-A.

Either way, you'd be getting one of the most sonically pleasing receivers made imo.

And please, continue asking questions and posting here and on other boards here at HTGuide. The more the merrier.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

Just went over and checked Glenn. Both appear to have multi-channel imputs. :T As for the upgradability, I'm still not sure whether the 1065 has it or not.

Keith
      Keith

Comment

• steveB
        • Mar 2003

The RSX1065 is firmware upgradable.

Comment

• Danbry39
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2002

Thanks Steve. 8x) Then I'd say Glenn probably couldn't go wrong with either choice. Either would be excellent.

Keith
          Keith

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"