X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wrekkah
    • Mar 2005

turntables

Just wondering if anyone out there has hooked up a turntable to their Rotel preamp or receiver. What are you using for a phono stage? What is your opinion of your vinyl sound.

Any recommendations on turntables. Hoping to stay under $1k for the turntable (cartridge & tonearm), phono stage, and speed controller.

Cheers
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

For under $1000 I highly recommend the Music Hall turnatables (MMF-5 or MMF-7). Very good reviews in Stereophile. I am leaning very heavily towards one of thes 2 models. Thsi fella will give you a very good quote:

Walter Liederman
    Underwood Hifi
    voice 770-667-5633
    Fax 802-609-1893

I will use my phono stage in my preamp (RC-1090). It will accept either a MM or MC cartridge.

Comment

• eelco74
      • Dec 2002

I use a pro-ject 1.2 (http://www.project-audio.net) with Ortofon X1 MC element. This is a high output MC element, connected to a Pro-ject Phono box.

Project has some excellent record players is the range from 200 up to 1500 Euro's.

Also the range of pre-amps is impressive. The Tube box really sounds good...
      Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
      Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
      Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• gd
        • Jan 2003

Lotsa choices, lotsa price-points here:

My setup: Rega Planar 3 w/ RB300 arm, Sumiko Blue Point Special, Parasound PPH-100.

Very respectable for under $1K... well, it was under $1K ten years ago.
        greg (gd to you)
        Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
        production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Lotus 78
          • May 2005

Music hall 2.1 (red) $300
          Rotel RQ 970 $200
          Grado Prestige Gold $180

Very good sound for the money with the right software. Associated equipment is 1068, Adcom 5500 and B&W 703’s. I went entry level because I was not sure how much of the hype to believe. I’m now a believer and about 15% of my listing at home is from vinyl.

Comment

• Rael
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by wrekkah
            Just wondering if anyone out there has hooked up a turntable to their Rotel preamp or receiver. What are you using for a phono stage? What is your opinion of your vinyl sound.

Any recommendations on turntables. Hoping to stay under $1k for the turntable (cartridge & tonearm), phono stage, and speed controller.

Cheers
            I have a Musical Fidelity XLPs phono preamp ($399) to my 1068 processor. My turntable is a Music Hall MMF-5 ($550). Overall, I'm very satisfied with what I have. Too bad it's hard to find new clean vinyl these days!

Comment

• wrekkah
              • Mar 2005

Thanks for the replies and website links.

Comment

• asimov66
                • Apr 2006

i use a musical fidelity x-lps with a rega 25 with a Banz ace pickup. hooked up with a Harman kardon amp used as a pre amplifier to my rotel power amplifier.

with van den hul linkage

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"