X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • merlock
    • May 2004

Connecting Turntable to RSX-1056

Hey guys,

I've recently been considering getting back into vinyl, anyways I noticed that the RSX-1056 does not have a phono input. My question is, can I use a RC 1070 preamp as just a phono stage? Are there rca outputs that I could connect the RC 1070 to my RSX-1056? If I do this, is there going to be double the processing? So once at the RC 1070 and once at the 1056.

so to recap:

turntable(rega p25) ---> RC 1070 -----> RSX 1056

Or should I just get a regular phono stage? I'm thinking RC 1070 to keep a consistent look in my rack. There's just something special about looking at a rack full of rotel gear

Sorry about all the questions!

merlock
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Not 10-series styling, but still consistent..

This outboard phono preamp/equalizer makes the perfect companion to the RC-970 line drive preamp or any digital-based system where phono capabilities need to be added.

Comment

• merlock
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Kevin D
      Not 10-series styling, but still consistent..

http://www.rotel.com/products/specs/rq970.htm
      Thanks Kevin, if there is no means of hooking up the RC 1070 as a phono stage to my 1056 then I may very well go that route. I still want the 1070 though as I've heard some very great reviews of its phono stage in particular.

merlock

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"