X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PSUfan
    • May 2004

RSP 1570 Config Question

Well I decided to upgrade from the 1068 to the 1570. Just making sure all the basics work so far and I've encountered an issue. I have my Wii hooked up via Video 1....so on the back panel i have the yellow into the composite 1 slot, and the red/white up above it in video in. I configured the input screen and set audio input to "analog". I have the 12volt triggers configured correctly so that both my amps are on? I have video but I do not have any audio. I've double checked the connections on the Wii as well...single plug in on that. Any advice on what I am doing wrong?

Also, I will be completing the software updates, maybe the problem is corrected there? The software seems to be the original stuff...1.1 and 1.02-8....so on.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Shane
    Last edited by PSUfan; 21 December 2010, 17:03 Tuesday. Reason: Added no audio problem
  • srb
    • Oct 2004

Not really familiar with the Wii, but I was surprised to see that it had no HDMI or S/PDIF digital audio outputs. You didn't say what the "issue" was. Are you getting no video, no audio or neither?

It does sound like you have hooked it up and configured the input correctly. Have you tried the Video #2 or #3 inputs? I suppose there is a possibility that the Wii composite A/V cable is faulty. Do you have another composite A/V source like a DVD player to test the video input(s)?

Steve

Comment

• PSUfan
      • May 2004

I have video, but no audio. Should have included that originally...

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Plug the audio into the multi-channel input and see if you get audio there just to make sure you're getting audio out of the Wii.. Hook something else up to the audio 1 inputs to check as well.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mjb
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by PSUfan
          I have video, but no audio. Should have included that originally...
          In the "INPUT SETUP" screen, make sure the selected audio input is where you have the analog audio plugged. If you're using COMPOSITE-IN1, plug the audio into VIDEO-IN1 immediately above it.

Make sure the amps are switched to "Trigger-On", there's a small switch on the back panel. Otherwise they might not be turning on. There should be a loud relay click noise from the amps when they power up. You also need to press the power button on the amps,is the power light on?

Its worth buying a "Component" cable for the Wii, the video quality is much better. The RSP-1570 will still output the video on the HDMI port.
          - Mike

Main System:
          B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
          Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• PSUfan
            • May 2004

Alright, I hooked up the Wii to the television to see if there was audio being sent from the unit via the cables. There is sound. In addition, I hooked up a dvd player to the 1570 (checked it first to validate it was working) and experienced the same problem. I have video but no audio. In addition, I experienced the same problem on composite 2 with video but no audio. I have attached a photo of my input setup. Not sure where to turn after this. Does Rotel have a support line I can contact to discuss the problem? It's only 3 days old.....

I have the correct triggers assigned as well. You can't see that in the photo I took
            Attached Files
            Last edited by PSUfan; 22 December 2010, 09:35 Wednesday. Reason: Add trigger information

Comment

• madmac
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2010

The configuration looks correct. All I can say is to double check that your audio wires from the WII are plugged into the correct audio inputs on the back of the Rotel. There are a lot of inputs on the back of these Rotels and it would be easy to have incorrrectly plugged them into the wrong inputs!!.
              Dan Madden :T

Comment

• srb
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by PSUfan
                Not sure where to turn after this. Does Rotel have a support line I can contact to discuss the problem? It's only 3 days old.....
                took
                Did you also try the Multi Inputs as Kevin D. recommended?

Steve

Comment

• PSUfan
                  • May 2004

I just hooked up to the multi inputs, front L&R, and I have sound there.

Comment

• srb
                    • Oct 2004

Aha! Not sure exactly what this means, but the Multi inputs do bypass other internal circuitry.

At least some troubleshooting information for the Rotel support call, but if something is faulty (and it certainly 'sounds' like there is), I would hope the dealer would replace it with another unit

Good luck!

Steve

Comment

• PSUfan
                      • May 2004

Just contacted Ernie at AudioClassics where I purchased it from. He's working with the Rotel rep on an exchange. Should know within the hour....

Rotel has confirmed that it is an issue with the unit. They are sending a new one down to AudioClassics for me to pick up. Thanks again for the help. I must say that Rotel customer service was top notch along with Ernie at Audio Classics.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Shane
                      Last edited by PSUfan; 22 December 2010, 15:17 Wednesday. Reason: Update conclusion

Comment

• PSUfan
                        • May 2004

This unit I have is quite the lemon. Audio Classics ordered the new one that I'll pick up later this week. This morning it just dropped audio out of the left/right mains, surrounds, and subwoofer. The only speaker playing is the center. Needless to say, I've disconnected it before it damages my amps or speakers. Hopefully this issues will not duplicate themselves with the new unit. I've had my rotel gear for the last 10 years and have never experienced a single issue till now. Maybe I should ask for my 1068 back...
                        Last edited by PSUfan; 27 December 2010, 11:33 Monday. Reason: wording

Comment

• madmac
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2010

oh ohh.....sounds like Rotel issues with digital processing are continuing into their new units!!. They are relatively new into the digital market and still have to work out the bugs!!.

Comment

• Kevin D
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by madmac
                            oh ohh.....sounds like Rotel issues with digital processing are continuing into their new units!!. They are relatively new into the digital market and still have to work out the bugs!!.
                            Seems a little extreme to jump to that don't you think? They've had digital decoding equipment since everyone else has had it, and the digital boards in the 1066/1068 era stuff had enough problems to be track-able here, but there's been no common issues since the 1069.

PSU's unit was obviously T(roubled)OA and is continuing down hill.

Kevin D.

Comment

• madmac
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Aug 2010

Ok....I guess I was a little extreme!. Lets let time be the judge of Rotel's new gear and see if problems pop up in this forum.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"